Close House Colt Course Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: Close House Colt Course Beta

Post by Jimbo »

I've been "Nit Picking" the scorecard. If you send me a PM with your e-mail address I'll send you an Excel spreadsheet with my findings.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

PM sent :thumbup:
Stephen Sullivan

I've managed to alter most of the tees so they agree. The only one that seems problematical is the 10th. I can move some of the tee boxes but not in a way that I can get the back tee to 497 yards. 505 yards is as near as I can get it. The Junior and Ladies should be 380 yards for this Par 5, but I will have to see if i can get that to work again, having moved tees about .
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: September 6th, 2020, 12:18 pmThe Junior and Ladies should be 380 yards for this Par 5, but I will have to see if i can get that to work again, having moved tees about .
I can understand worrying about 380 yd tees on a golf course in real life because you will probably have women, children and seniors playing from them, but on a digital golf course where players consider a average drive to be 285 yds? It just doesn't seem like that would be all that important. Seems like most reasonable people would be willing to let you substitute 430 or whatever yards instead so you can get on with the business of finishing the course. :yes:

Pete
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I'm posting again underneath my last post so it will bump this topic to the top. Hole 14 has a pretty flat green, but, facing the green from the very front of it, there are usable pin positions around pin 7, in front of it and to it's left, and there is a slight ridge back at pin 14 that runs toward the right side of the green. You could get 2 or 3 pins on that ridge, and another 2 near pin 7. Those 5 pins would make quite a difference on this flattish green. They're pretty easy to spot in Practice mode (show all pins).

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

i will have a look when I get back from holiday. Away from 11-18 September.

I will put the pin setting texture back on that green and see what I think :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've Nit Picked the front nine and sent my findings-there's not much "Nit" to "Pick" so far but mygawd, it's like playing a mountain course, without the mountains!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Mr. Miller-you have mail... :cheers1:
Stephen Sullivan

Will have a read over the weekend :thumbup: May be able to implement some, but probably not all (many) suggestions, especially now I am back at work, and the set up time for next years LSPN European Tour events is fast approaching :pcwhack:
Stephen Sullivan

I've done all the Hole Previews, apart from some play advice. Do people want/need this? It would be something I make up myself as there appears to be nothing online.
Hole 1.jpg
Hole 1.jpg (100.54 KiB) Viewed 3411 times