muirfield

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
bear2016

muirfield

Post by bear2016 »

does anyone know how muirfield is coming along? I was curious.
MrMoggie

Re: muirfield

Post by MrMoggie »

72Animal (Sean) kindly offered to have a go at the 3D clubhouse for me so I sent him the most recent course file a while back.

Not sure whether he's had a chance to look at it yet

I'll ask (or he might see this thread)

Steve
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi Steve, I disappeared from the board for the last month or so due to life getting in the way. I've checked my emails and pms but haven't seen the course file? I would be happy to work on the clubhouse if you want, although it might be slower progress than during corona shutdown.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Steve, would you consider releasing Muirfield as a Beta so we can examine it while the clubhouse is being worked on?

Pete
MrMoggie

Post by MrMoggie »

Pete - sure, no problem, thanks

I'll see if I can get a pano to fit but even if not I'll get it up on the site this week

Steve
MrMoggie

Post by MrMoggie »

Sean

No problem, grateful for the offer

I’ll email the course file again

Steve
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

As you can see the last posts about the upcoming Muirfield course ( Scotland ) were back in September of 2020. I'm curious as to how the course might be coming along, since it's been quite awhile. I'm sure Mr. Moggie , who's designing it, would have the most info....but anyone else who may know, your input is welcome too !! Looking forward to it !

Weeler
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

Weeler wrote: June 4th, 2021, 6:37 pm As you can see the last posts about the upcoming Muirfield course ( Scotland ) were back in September of 2020. I'm curious as to how the course might be coming along, since it's been quite awhile. I'm sure Mr. Moggie , who's designing it, would have the most info....but anyone else who may know, your input is welcome too !! Looking forward to it !

Weeler
i was about to go UPDATES GIVE ME UPDATES I LOVE UPDATES OR UPDATES UPDATES UPDATES I LOVE UPDATES.....and for those of you under 25 ok 1) malls were places that had stores you purchased items in and 2) in the mall corridors they'd have these coin machines that would say "quarters give me quarters i love quarters...or quarters quarters quarters i love quarters" also :laugh:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Weeler wrote: June 4th, 2021, 6:37 pm As you can see the last posts about the upcoming Muirfield course ( Scotland ) were back in September of 2020. I'm curious as to how the course might be coming along, since it's been quite awhile. I'm sure Mr. Moggie , who's designing it, would have the most info....but anyone else who may know, your input is welcome too !! Looking forward to it !

Weeler

I forgot to reply to this after I first saw it. You'll find more recent info in this more recent thread about the course project: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=802

Back in March I offered to mayyybe see if I could maybe help out with finishing the clubhouse. It sounded fairly complex and Im neither an expert nor particular enjoyer of real course 3D work so I wasnt at all sure that I could in fact take it on - especially considering I have my own ongoing projects that I dont want to be sidetracked from - but I offered to at least take a look first to get an idea of what type of work it was, and then decide. MrMoggie welcomed the offer and said he was happy to send over what he had, but right about that time he got very busy with real work and gradually stopped frequenting the LC forums, and so I never got a chance to have a look at anything yet. It is unfortunate but we have to have understanding for the fact that some things are more important than computer golf, and respect that he has other things he needs to focus on right now. Lets hope he returns to us soon :smile:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...