Atlanta Athletic Club Highlands Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Re: Atlanta Athletic Club Highlands Course

Post by pmgolf »

Nice! :clapping: :thumbup:

Pete
linksrevisited

Post by linksrevisited »

Can I beta test for you please
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

The Picker is always ready to Nit! :thumbup:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Released
chad

Post by chad »

:kicking:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Glenn.......another excellent rendition from you ! I didn't realize that AAC was such a beautiful and nicely routed course in real life. Is there any connection with this course and East Lake at all? Like ownership and management ? Just curious. Anyhow, I very much enjoyed my round and it's definitely staying in my collection. :thumbup:

Ron
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Weeler wrote: September 9th, 2020, 5:03 pm Glenn.......another excellent rendition from you ! I didn't realize that AAC was such a beautiful and nicely routed course in real life. Is there any connection with this course and East Lake at all? Like ownership and management ? Just curious. Anyhow, I very much enjoyed my round and it's definitely staying in my collection. :thumbup:

Ron
Looked history up and there is a link in ownership of 2 courses. Also Atlanta Athletic Club is located 5 miles away even though has town name of John's Creek from TPC Sugarloaf course having a town name of Duluth. Then there is another course in Atlanta, Georgia besides East Lake that has only hosted a Walker Cup named Peach Tree being co-designed by Robert Tyre Jones Jr. known to most when played and now as Bobby and somebody not related named Robert Trent Jones Sr. I remember Jerry Pate winning US Open in 1976 at AAC and remember David Toms' hole in one on #15 helping him win then, but AAC has hosted PGA in 1981, 2001 and 2011. Each major the course was played as par 70 and last time yardage was about 7,500 yards.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

I failed in last post to mention another course built in the mid-1960's named Atlanta Country Club that hosted yearly a PGA tournament for about 30 years probably with Sugarloaf taking its place. Even with the name Atlanta the course is located in the town of Marietta.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks guys, it was a fun course to recreate and if you look around in practice mode you will find the statue of Bobby Jones welcoming you to the clubhouse. Something that had to be added.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

gene-golf: Thanks for all the background info you provided on those Atlanta area courses ! Interesting, and more than I expected.