Atlanta Athletic Club Highlands Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Atlanta Athletic Club Highlands Course

Post by braden1308 »

almost ready for beta testing, any volunteers
hole1.jpg
hole1.jpg (108.7 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
1st
hole4.jpg
hole4.jpg (103.12 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
4th
hol4gr.jpg
hol4gr.jpg (89.86 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
4th green
hole15.jpg
hole15.jpg (114.99 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
15th
16bunk.jpg
16bunk.jpg (73.47 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
16 in the bunker
18fw.jpg
18fw.jpg (91.79 KiB) Viewed 4272 times
long second shot on 18

I have a few things to fix after this last go through and will keep an eye out for anyone interested in testing, I will PM a link through we transfer to anyone that wants to help out after I fix the few things I noticed.

Glenn :cheers1:
bear2016

Re: Atlanta Athletic Club Highlands Course

Post by bear2016 »

ill help ya out if needed.

barry
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Count me in too. I'm not a designer, but I can spot stuff.
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Barry and Fooooore keep an eye on your PM's as soon as I can I will have a link for you
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Im available too if it is desired. Looks great :smile: Jealous of those RMiller textures :laugh:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Glenn,
Just completed a very enjoyable round with F/F/B conditions and randomized pins. (As I have no knowledge of the real course I do not comment on how accurately it reflects the real course.)

The course looks and plays very well. The greens with the pins used were very fair.
Three of the par 3's frightened me with their length and in real life play would have scared me to death.

I love the bunker lip textures and blending, but my favourite detail from the course is the under tree planting of the grasses. They look fantastic. So natural.

The one concern for me was that while teeing off from the 2nd tee I noticed a the number of trees with a white halo around the top leaves, and I couldn't thereafter stop seeing them. (As I don not know one tree from another, the white tops may well be anatomically correct? If so, my apologies)

Overall, a great addition to the Links 2003 portfolio.

Well done.
Ian
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Wonderful course! A few things got my attention. Very few pin choices available in the first few holes that aren't pretty much maximum in severity. Fairway tiling - could anything be done to reduce the tiling in the fairway. It's the only texture problem I see. And last, I didn't get in many sand traps (bunkers, whatever), but in the greenside one on 17 it seemed twilight-zone strange to have such a vertical wall of sand. Straight up and down. The sand would have to be glued in place to keep it from falling down. It seems there should be some of this \ kind of angled slope to the wall, or maybe the sand/grass border should be lower. Just my thoughts though - do whatever you want. Amazing course - I would give it an "A".

Pete
Pete

Post by Pete »

Me too :thumbup:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

pmgolf wrote: September 1st, 2020, 2:34 pm And last, I didn't get in many sand traps (bunkers, whatever), but in the greenside one on 17 it seemed twilight-zone strange to have such a vertical wall of sand. Straight up and down. The sand would have to be glued in place to keep it from falling down.

Pete
I don't see it Pete
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (144.65 KiB) Viewed 4054 times