course IDs or Course Keys

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Paul44

course IDs or Course Keys

Post by Paul44 »

Is there any point to the course IDs or Course Keys, as even Links Corner is not publishing then on the Database?
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
pmgolf

Re: course IDs or Course Keys

Post by pmgolf »

Very much so. Those 2 items plus the precise course name make up the key that's used to store them on the database at LSPN, and probably here, too.

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Paul44 wrote: August 27th, 2020, 7:39 pm Is there any point to the course IDs or Course Keys, as even Links Corner is not publishing then on the Database?
Those are also used to verify that you and others that you play with online have the same identical course. If you want to join a friend for an online match, those numbers MUST match on both of your computers, or you will never connect. Any time someone edits a course in the APCD and makes any changes, they must do what is know as a "Validate & Save" to complete the changes. During the validation process, the APCD issues the course a new set of numbers. That's what keeps the courses legitimate. Otherwise, a dishonest person could edit a course to make it play easier and use it to cheat in tournaments. So bottom line is, those numbers are VERY important to the course and the game.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
linksrevisited

Post by linksrevisited »

Yep very important for me in checking the courses in my database
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

In light of the above I will now be requiring designers to enter the course ID and Key when uploading finals of their courses.