Course not downloading to course file

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
jackdanielz80

Course not downloading to course file

Post by jackdanielz80 »

When I download a course now, it does not automatically go into course file. I manually paste it into the course file but it does not show up in games. I re-installed Links 2003 & still happening. Any suggestions?? THANKS - Jack
pmgolf

Re: course not downloading to courde file

Post by pmgolf »

You do unzip it after you download it, right?

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

jackdanielz80 wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 7:44 pm When I download a course now, it does not automatically go into course file. I manually paste it into the course file but it does not show up in games. I re-installed Links 2003 & still happening. Any suggestions?? THANKS - Jack
Are you using Windows 10? If so install Links2003 in it's own folder on the "C" drive. "C:\Links2003". Don't let it install into the folder the installation program recommends. After that, place all of your courses in the "C:\Links2003\Courses" folder. They should show up for you then. Windows 10 sometimes will hide things in a virtual store folder, or someplace where you can't find them, which is most likely happening now.

Good luck,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
jackdanielz80

Post by jackdanielz80 »

No Dan, I still have Windows 8.5 but thanks anyway. Jack
gator

Post by gator »

Microsoft's VirtualStore has been with us since Windows Vista. Unless you have taken active steps to avoid it when installing Links (such as Dan has suggested), some of your Links files will be in a location that may look something like this - C:\Users\%NAME YOU GAVE YOUR COMPUTER%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Links. Some of those folders may be hidden.
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Have you tried adding the courses thru course manager?
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Course not downloading to course file

Post by Andy »

Personally I have always stored my CRZ files in a separate folder on my data disc and then use the Course manager in Links to add the course to the game but always select the option not to copy the course to Links' own course folder.

Works for me. :thumbup:
jackdanielz80

Post by jackdanielz80 »

Thanks for all the help, got it going now.
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Andy wrote: August 25th, 2020, 3:01 pm Personally I have always stored my CRZ files in a separate folder on my data disc and then use the Course manager in Links to add the course to the game but always select the option not to copy the course to Links' own course folder.

Works for me. :thumbup:
I have a similar practice, Andy.
Back when the game and I were both younger, there was a rumor that it slowed down the loading of the game if courses were in the course folder. The only thing I have in the course folder is the driving range.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Me too!
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.