What I'm up to

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
ChuckH

Re: What I'm up to

Post by ChuckH »

pmgolf wrote: August 5th, 2020, 12:27 am If you want the Desert Canyon putting course - PM me! :smile:

Pete
PM on the way. Thanks.
rolle

Post by rolle »

Royal Kurland would be great to have fixed and updated :yes:
RTS Elite

Rounds played: 4536
Courses played: 798
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

rolle wrote: August 8th, 2020, 6:00 am Royal Kurland would be great to have fixed and updated :yes:
Royal Kurland is unfixable because the designer unfortunately checked the so called 'Box of death' when he started designing the course.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

fiver wrote: August 4th, 2020, 3:18 pm Crouching Beast was one of my early favorites.
OK. I'm going to give this one a go after Canyon Hills is finished, although how far I'll get is anyone's guess. Although it was released on 2003 it still uses mostly 2001 textures and has no seam blending. I've taken a look at it in APCD - the greens will need a fair bit of re-working and I'll have to strip out the original pins and start again with them. Also, the fact that so much of the course has been extruded makes alterations difficult and makes seam blending it a nightmare. I'll probably just blend the main areas and try to hide any dodgy bits with additional planting!
At least the updated version will then be playable using some of the 1.07 mod conditions. :thumbup:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
fiver

Post by fiver »

:thumbup: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Well, I'm into the final beta testing on Canyon Hills HD so it should be ready for release in a few days.
I notice on the upload page it says wetransfer in the box. Is it OK to upload with other methods such as Dropbox when it's finished?
Andy
Site Admin

Post by Andy »

Lez Marwick wrote: August 12th, 2020, 2:40 pm I notice on the upload page it says wetransfer in the box. Is it OK to upload with other methods such as Dropbox when it's finished?
If you really want to. We like WeTransfer as you don't need to sign up at all.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

I have no preference since any course I've seen from you was great, just saying that I'm glad to see you again in the business Lez. Keep it up looking forward your next updates! :clapping:

May the APCD be with you always.
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Now that Canyon Hills is finished I thought I'd choose the next course for updating. This worked well with Crouching Beast as I actually started work on it and switched to it whenever Canyon Hills was getting too annoying!
Crouching Beast is coming along nicely now, but it can also be frustrating at times, so I'm going to do The Bluffs at Ocean Point as the next course so I have something to fall back on again whenever Crouching gets too Beastly! :fear: :surrender: :laugh:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Lez, I read your detailed post under the 'Canyon Hills' Forum topic. You can add me as one of your fans as well. As I mentioned earlier under THIS
topic, I really appreciate the fact that you're taking it upon yourself to bring many of these Links 2001 courses up to HD standards and "revitalize" them.
I very much like the work you did on Canyon Hills, and although I never had it in my collection originally, it is now.
I see that you mentioned starting on "The Bluffs at Ocean Point", which was one of my requests. ( I hope it doesn't give you too many headaches ! )At any rate, thanks for updating it.
If you by any chance happen to look at "Chesapeake Valley" ( another of my requests ), I was just wondering if you had the "authority" or whatever to change out the Pano of a released 2001 course or not. In the case of that course, even though the Bausch brothers said they were trying to capture the look of the Chesapeake river valley with their pano....I'm not sure that they did. It looks more like the hillsides of California w/ Spanish style homes dotting the hillside and all. I was looking at Pano's and decided that maybe (PanoBrooks4) would be better suited to the course. IF.....you choose to update the course, I'd sure appreciate your taking a look at that suggestion.
I know you've got several "irons in the fire" already......I don't want to pester you or anything. What I like about what you're doing is updating the courses without totally "re-doing " them. Sea Island comes to mind. I'm still using the original version instead of the newer one.

Thanks for reading...........R. Weel