What I'm up to

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Lez Marwick

Re: What I'm up to

Post by Lez Marwick »

Crouching Beast is nearing completion now. :thumbup:
Just a few seam blends to add, and maybe a few texture tweaks and then it's done. Unfortunately I can't make all the planting changes I wanted to, because the course file is corrupted and certain alterations are impossible because of this. The designer knew of this problem.... shapes for planting are there in APCD, but there is no planting because of this issue! It's still pretty good now though, so hopefully people will understand that APCD has issues and some things are not possible to correct. :rant:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
chad

Post by chad »

It's great to see you back and working on courses again, Lez :cheers1:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

The Return of Lez!!!!
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Now that Crouching Beast is finished and The Bluffs at Ocean Point is well under way, I've chosen the next course to update - Country Club North. Probably not a particularly interesting or challenging course for players, but I like the planting on this one, so I'm doing it anyway! :tongue:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

Lez Marwick wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:38 pm Now that Crouching Beast is finished and The Bluffs at Ocean Point is well under way, I've chosen the next course to update - Country Club North. Probably not a particularly interesting or challenging course for players, but I like the planting on this one, so I'm doing it anyway! :tongue:
:yes:
Yes, one of my early favs from Links 2001! (Mike Schmidt, I believe, was the designer
and if I'm not mistaken, his only design?)
Thanks Lez!
:cheers1:
chad

Post by chad »

Lez Marwick wrote: September 5th, 2020, 3:38 pm Now that Crouching Beast is finished and The Bluffs at Ocean Point is well under way, I've chosen the next course to update - Country Club North. Probably not a particularly interesting or challenging course for players, but I like the planting on this one, so I'm doing it anyway! :tongue:
Excellent choice! :cheers1:
chad

Post by chad »

Hey Lez...is Firestone North a course that could possibly get updated at some point? :thumbup:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

chad wrote: September 6th, 2020, 4:18 pm Hey Lez...is Firestone North a course that could possibly get updated at some point? :thumbup:
Real courses are less likely to be updated by me because they don't leave me the same freedom to change the things that I don't like. Also, Links players are far more demanding of real courses and simply updating an old course with all its inaccuracies will likely just attract criticism and requests for changes after they are released. I want to enjoy working with APCD and real courses are just too demanding. APCD work is hard enough without the possibility of attracting negative comments from the 'Links course police' at the end of it! That said, I'm not completely ruling out the possibility of some real course updates in the future and I'll definitely take a look at this one.
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

I completely aggreed with you Lez, creating a real course with APCD is a real challenge :scared: each players will have his own view of the course... The work you will produce to create it will never have the gratitude wanted, but that's life... Personnally I'm not a big fan of updated course, I prefer a course created from A to Z... :cheers1:
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
chad

Post by chad »

Lez Marwick wrote: September 8th, 2020, 6:15 pm
chad wrote: September 6th, 2020, 4:18 pm Hey Lez...is Firestone North a course that could possibly get updated at some point? :thumbup:
Real courses are less likely to be updated by me because they don't leave me the same freedom to change the things that I don't like. Also, Links players are far more demanding of real courses and simply updating an old course with all its inaccuracies will likely just attract criticism and requests for changes after they are released. I want to enjoy working with APCD and real courses are just too demanding. APCD work is hard enough without the possibility of attracting negative comments from the 'Links course police' at the end of it! That said, I'm not completely ruling out the possibility of some real course updates in the future and I'll definitely take a look at this one.

Thanks for keeping the door slightly ajar, Lez :thumbup: