What I'm up to

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duck Hook

Re: What I'm up to

Post by Duck Hook »

Hi Lez, good to see you back.
I have been regularly consulting your apcd videos for the last few months learning how to do things all over again myself, they are wonderful !!
take care
Todd
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Lez-great to see you back!

I went through some very bad times a few years ago and I didn't play any Links either. Since then I've been "nit-picking" other designers' work while trying to get the nerve to "APCD" myself.

I've started a project thanks to your videos and I'll probably be bugging you like I've bugged Sage and Brooksie!

Anyway welcome back!
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

Yes, I would love to see someone update the Apple Tree Golf Club! It is such a cool and unique course. :smile:

chad wrote: August 4th, 2020, 3:27 pm Apple Tree and Kylane Country Club :thumbup:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hi Lez! Welcome back. Hope it's for a long time... :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

I can't thank enough the guy who made all these APCD tutorial videos. :clapping:

After loading APCD again I couldn't even remember how to add a vert!! :rofl:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Just a quick update:

The Bluffs at Ocean Point is coming along nicely. I've put in a fair amount of work on it this last week and there's not too much left to do now. I've just finished the hole previews, which are always a bit of a chore, and most of the work left involves the rocks on the course as these were not created by the original designer with texture mapping in mind! :rant: I'm not going to spend a ridiculous amount of time on them though..... just enough to get them looking reasonable with the other HD textures. I also want to add a few objects that are in another APCD planting set but I need to remember how to do this without messing up the whole course and screwing up the seam blend properties! :tomato:
I think I need to watch another video first. :laugh:
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

The Bluffs at Ocean Point HD is now finished and uploaded to Links Corner. :cheers1:
Tested by my trusty Scottish A.I. tester McBevvy, who hacked his way through countless rounds and hopefully found all the bugs! :laugh:
He's definitely to blame if any were missed!!! :whistle:
chad

Post by chad »

:kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking:

If you are looking for another upgrade project Lez, one to consider might be Zanzibar GC :thumbup:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

chad wrote: November 25th, 2021, 3:07 pm :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking:

If you are looking for another upgrade project Lez, one to consider might be Zanzibar GC :thumbup:
Took a look at Zanzibar today and its definitely worthy of an update. It looks like a really nice course. I also checked it out in APCD though and it's going to be a bit of a nightmare to seam blend. This is often the case with 2001 courses as the designers didn't worry about multiple adjoining textures because they couldn't blend them (you can only blend 2 for Links 2003, so today's designers build courses with this in mind) and 2001 designers were also prone to using extrusions to solve problems and then hiding the damage underground which just causes many more problems when you subsequently need to seam blend them! :wallbash:
All this said, I'm still very tempted to try to update this one.... I just may have to leave some areas unblended to do it, and modify some areas of the course a little. :tomato:
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

chad wrote: November 25th, 2021, 3:07 pm :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking: :kicking:

:yes: