Wade Hampton Golf Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
dgrobo2000

Wade Hampton Golf Club

Post by dgrobo2000 »

Hi, I have recently been enjoying a few rounds at Wade Hampton Golf Club. Although it is a spectacular design of a great course, there is a problem with the houses on the right side of the 13th hole. The houses are floating and sticking out of the trees.
Titus

Re: Wade Hampton Golf Club

Post by Titus »

Hello,

I love forest courses, very varied and looks great
screen0132.jpg
screen0132.jpg (872.28 KiB) Viewed 4452 times
Tree house ?
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Titus wrote: July 5th, 2020, 10:51 am Hello,

Tree house ?
Looks like 2D houses. Hey Ian. Would you like some nice 3D houses planted in place of those? 3D houses stay in a stationary position and don't rotate into a hillside or stick out like 2D houses do. All that would need to be done would be to create a concrete foundation to plant the 3D houses on, just like a real house would be built on a hillside. A concrete foundation can be pulled down underground until one side of it is level with the ground, while the other side would be showing on the downhill side. Then a 3D house can be set down on top of it so it looks normal. :smile:

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Titus wrote: July 5th, 2020, 10:51 am Hello,

screen0132.jpg
Tree house ?
Great picture. Looked myself and have to be way right and OOB not really in play to right, but for only the really bad golfers in Links and possibly those playing real course. My complaint with dgrobo2000's post is after drive to this point instead of facing directly to green on second shot, that this is the view that get by turning due right and that is not what normally would do. Also the view from tee does not indicate a problem to me with house to right side of fairway on hillside is off in the far distance and partially obscured by trees. That would be only time time house should ever be seen. Going on dgrobo2000 posted, " The houses are floating and sticking out of the trees." Really the house could have a foundation where part of it is held up by pylons being the foundation and a foundation does not always have to have concrete connecting ground to floor base. Not seeing where houses are sticking out of the trees by the picture shown or when I look at hole from the tee.
dgrobo2000

Post by dgrobo2000 »

I understand how much work goes into designing a course for links, it would be a shame not to optimize the design.
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Looks like 2D houses. Hey Ian. Would you like some nice 3D houses planted in place of those? 3D houses stay in a stationary position and don't rotate into a hillside or stick out like 2D houses do. All that would need to be done would be to create a concrete foundation to plant the 3D houses on, just like a real house would be built on a hillside. A concrete foundation can be pulled down underground until one side of it is level with the ground, while the other side would be showing on the downhill side. Then a 3D house can be set down on top of it so it looks normal. :smile:
Dan, thanks for the offer however I have modified the terrain around the base of the house so that it no longer defies gravity :oops: . The house is in a location such that it is only visible from one side, therefore it doesn't need a 3D house.

As mentioned I have modified the course but will wait to upload the course file until later as I am hoping to modify all 18 greens. I am presently trying to complete my latest course - Peachtree GC Atlanta, GA, and will then decide on modifying Wade Hampton. If you manage to get the green contours from Strakaline then I will definitely change the greens.
Hi, I have recently been enjoying a few rounds at Wade Hampton Golf Club. Although it is a spectacular design of a great course, there is a problem with the houses on the right side of the 13th hole. The houses are floating and sticking out of the trees.
dgrobo2000, it is heartening to learn that a rendition of a course I have made is still being played and enjoyed, thank you.

Ian
Titus

Post by Titus »

dgrobo2000, it is heartening to learn that a rendition of a course I have made is still being played and enjoyed, thank you.

Ian

Hello Ian,

Wade Hampton is one of my favorite courses, everything is there for me, trees, lakes, waterfalls, doglegs, height differences, bunkers, depending on the settings, they are always a challenge for me. And still the course is always fair and there is always the possibility to come back to the FW. :clapping:

I also always like to play the somewhat older course, Sweetlake GC.

The house is really not bad and if there is an update, please do not change too much.
It is nice to hear that there will be something new soon, I have to check what is coming.

So all is well and thanks for everything.

Titus
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

Played a round here last evening, hit my drive on 18 into the stream along the left side of the fwy. It showed and played as a playable lie.

Don't think it should be playable from in the water should it?
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

BruMu wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:21 am Played a round here last evening, hit my drive on 18 into the stream along the left side of the fwy. It showed and played as a playable lie.

Hiya BruMu. The first question we ask in this situation is, were you in the practice mode when you were playing?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

Danny D wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:25 am
BruMu wrote: July 6th, 2020, 10:21 am Played a round here last evening, hit my drive on 18 into the stream along the left side of the fwy. It showed and played as a playable lie.

Hiya BruMu. The first question we ask in this situation is, were you in the practice mode when you were playing?

Dan
I played a round of 18 holes. Has nothing to do with practice mode.
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.