Abu Dhabi GC Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
72Animal

Abu Dhabi GC Beta

Post by 72Animal »

Hi everyone, the course is posted, thanks Andy. Please download and play it and post your feedback in this thread. The picture below previews the tee shot on Hole 1 and Hole 4. There are various tees and pins available. The course plays around 7600 from the tips. Stock textures and objects are there for surfaces and plantings. A cameo and splash screen are included, but no hole previews have been done yet. Let me know what you think!
Attachments
abudhabipreview.jpg
abudhabipreview.jpg (275.8 KiB) Viewed 4431 times
pmgolf

Re: Abu Dhabi GC Beta

Post by pmgolf »

How did you get that many oak trees to grow in the desert? :rofl:

Pete
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

pmgolf wrote: July 4th, 2020, 4:45 pm How did you get that many oak trees to grow in the desert? :rofl:

Pete
From the water source that's in the screen shots. :smile:
No matter where you go, there you are.
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

It's all the oil money floating around! They spare nothing to make it look like an oasis in the desert. The landscape crew at Abu Dhabi GC is working overtime! On a side note I guess I could have gone more thinly with the edge planting. Just wanted it dense enough to hide the absolute lack of anything outside the course boundary.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Yea those guys could even make all the trees have diamond-coated leaves if they REALLY wanted :laugh:

I looked it over in practice mode, seems like it will be a very playable and competitive course but Im not completely sure on what to comment on because Im not sure which things are going to be changed for the full release, were there any specific things you were looking for feedback on? :smile: My main impression is about the stock textures and lack of seamblending for example, I know you mentioned the textures but not sure if you meant they are to be changed or not? Saw a couple spots around fringes with sharp elevations and a very large area in the middle of 17th seems 100% flat and completely level with the water beside it, including bunkers.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Thanks Adelade, yes the textures will be changed. But the info like you provided for the 17th is what I'm looking for. I was looking for playability, comments on greens, fairways and lies; if line of play was ok for people. I'm going to run AI round through it too just to make sure there are no problems with the computer playing it.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Started looking around the course and stumbled across something. Green slope. Went back to #1 and started looking at the greens.

Preparing PM, will send when finished.

Pete
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It gets pretty hot there during the day-are you going to add the 9-hole course so we can play at night? :smile:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

BTW, I just downloaded it and haven't played but my first suggestion would b to set up the ladies' tees at a shorter distance. The official card has 2 distances for both the Tournament and Green tees (go figure) so it looks like you've made some compromises-that's not a criticism...just an observation.

I'll start nit-picking later...I'm still making trouble over at Lambton! :whistle:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

After one round from the Back Tees (1 under par) here' are my first "nit-picks":

1. You have 5 tee locations available so you can set up the ladies’ Red tees. That will enable you to use Black tees for the “tips” which is how they should appear on the game.
Perhaps the best way to handle the situation would be to use the Black tees for the 7,600 yard championship course and the blue tees for the 7,200 yard championship course with the white tees being one of the green distances (they’re both 6,700 yards-give or take), the Yellow tees can play to 6,200 and the Red tees at 5,800 like the Club Card. I’ll play some rounds at the shorter distances and follow up. Either way, the first hole should be only 406 yards. That will bring the Black Tee yardage to 7,600, matching the club card. The other Black Tee distances are close enough.

This is what I’m looking at for the scorecard references:
https://troonabudhabi.com/golf/emailer2 ... recard.pdf

2. The clubhouse should have brighter interior lights to appear more “upscale” and the Westin Ab Dhabi Resort (beside the clubhouse to the right) is clearly visible from the 9th green and 16th tee. It’s an important addition for off-course realism.