Course Review on The National of Kansas City

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Course Review on The National of Kansas City

Post by Danny D »

Hiya guys...

I recently discovered that StrackaLine now has the green contour maps for my course, "The National Golf Club of Kansas City". When I created it, the greens came out with some pretty severe slopes. I did the best I could by trying to follow the Google Earth Elevations. The problem with trying to use those elevation settings is that it's impossible to get accurate slopes and breaks when you can only go by Google Earths 1 foot elevation increments. I would really like some opinions on this course. I put a lot of work in it, and feel it would be a shame to not update it to realistic greens contours.

I would like to request some reviews on the course. There are quite a few new faces around Links Corner now that may not have had a chance to play it because there have been so many other courses released since I did it. Plus, I'm wondering if the ones who have played it didn't care for it because of the severe greens, or perhaps other reasons. If some of you players have some spare time, could you take a serious look at it and send me your opinions. You can either send me a PM, or if you want you can post them here on the forums in this thread. The green contour maps will cost about 50 dollars, including shipping. What I would like to know is how many of you think the course is worth spending the money on to update the greens. All opinions are welcomed, and would be greatly appreciated. Please take into consideration that if you think the greens are currently too severe, adding the new contours should solve that.

Thanks in advance to all of you who participate. :tiphat:

Here is the download link. http://linkscoursefiles.co.uk/C2013f/2454.zip

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
GoBucks

Re: Course Review on The National of Kansas City

Post by GoBucks »

For whatever reason, I haven't played this course before. I typically only play on-line events at LSPN. It is quite possible that I blew off an opportunity because of mistaken identity; mistaking Kansas National for this course. :oops:

The course is nice! Good job. I played a practice round (back tees, M(c)/M(c),no wind, medium pins) and did find a few pins that seemed to run off quit a bit. I didn't look at all pins. If I were setting up an event, I would dig deeper.

Bottom line: I like the course and would find a way to use it in an event. If you wanted to take the time to make the greens more accurate, I would not be opposed to that either, and would be willing to help defray the cost if needed.
No matter where you go, there you are.
fiver

Post by fiver »

I just played this course. Liked it very much. I had no problems with the greens. I used random pin placements and M(C) & F(C) settings. Greens were very good. Add Strackaline if you want it to reflect the real greens.
Captain Nemo

Post by Captain Nemo »

Really enjoyed the course. Glad you mentioned it, as somehow, with so many releases this past 11/2 years, I missed it. Can only play via Quick Play so I think it automatically gives you Moderate Everything, so no problems on the greens. Did get stuck in the trees a couple of times though. My Bad! :)
I always wanted to write something intelligent in my signature. Now that I think about it, I guess I just did! :clapping: :smile:
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Strackaline seems unnecessary unless you are a stickler for perfection. Greens seem fine as they are.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hi guys...

It appears that most everyone agrees that the greens are ok the way they are, so I'll leave them alone. I really do appreciate the reviews, and I want to thank you guys for your time, and the generous offer to help with the funds (Gobucks :thumbup: )

Best wishes,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added