Mauna Kea

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Mauna Kea

Post by Weeler »

I hope my memory isn't slipping much more.....but wasn't there a designer working on an HD upgrade of Mauna Kea resort in Hawaii? I thought there was a thread even in the older version of Links Corner some time ago. I don't remember the designers name. The reason I'm mentioning it, is that I'm just wondering if it's still in process and how it's coming along?? I think he was going to work with the old Microsoft version of the course, not sure.
Anyhow.....if someone has some info, please share.
Duglis

Re: Mauna Kea

Post by Duglis »

I visited there in 2015. What a wonderful place. Much more intimate than you would think. Cozy. Amazing hole 3 is actually a cozy hole! lol!

Doug
g3b

Post by g3b »

I remember that as well but I can't remember who was working on it, to save my life...Glenn Braden or Colin Jones? It was before the era of Sage, even though I have no doubt he could do it & well...

g3b :cheers1:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

The Era of Sage!!! :cheers1: :smile:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Slucey was the person who posted that he was working on Mauna Kea. He also posted that he was experiencing the "red sky" display problem. Current status unknown.

Pete
SLucey

Post by SLucey »

Sorry to be a bit late replying, but I hadn't checked forum in couple of days. Mauna Kea is progressing. Yesterday finished verting, texturing, and elevating the final 18th hole. Still a lot of work to do - seam blending, planting, green contours, and I'd like to fiddle around with custom pano. Beta may be 3-4 weeks away yet. But, its coming along.

Pete: Its strange. After verting, texturing, and elevating the first 9-12 holes, I've never had an issue with Red Sky since. Weird issue.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

That's great, SLucey! I hope mine goes away, too!

Pete
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

SLucey: thanks for the update on Mauna Kea. Looking forward to it. And thanks, too, Pete for replying with info you had.

Weeler
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Duglis wrote: June 30th, 2020, 10:42 am The Era of Sage!!! :cheers1: :smile:
I swear that guy must have written a procedural course generator, how can we keep up with him?
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

If he has written a procedural course generator, perhaps we could him to share with other designers?
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.