Royal Lytham and St Annes 2020 Finished

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Adelade

Re: Royal Lytham and St Annes 2020 Finished

Post by Adelade »

I have started a members version, will be a little more fiddling than I expected it seems, but not too bad.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Pete

Post by Pete »

:notworthy: :clapping: :thumbup:
garychris

Post by garychris »

Re: comments by member Weeler.
I've walked the course many times over the years & because it is
surrounded by houses space has always been an issue.
There are very few *grandstands than in the rendition
which I think is superb & give it 48/50.

*Never been a stand to the left of the 9th green which is on
the 10th tee. Also, never been a stand to the right of the
10th green. There are others but I dont want to be picky.

Contours of the fairways & bunker placements spot on.
Lot of effort gone into this - congratulations designers.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Uploaded the Members version which will be available soon. Grandstands and 3D objects removed, appropriate textures and 2D grasses filled in at the gaps. Crowds removed but then I replanted much smaller crowds so that a smaller tournament feel may be achieved, I would assume people who dont want any crowds play with that setting turned off. Otherwise no changes, the 2 versions play the same and neither is objectively better or further progressed, it just comes down to personal taste between them. If wanting to play the course from "members" tees simply select Mid or Forward (or Ladies) ones just like in the other version. There still remains a couple small details of the Open stuff that I didnt feel motivated enough to change such as the flags and back tee markers. Anyone who doesnt like them are welcome to send their complaints to idontgiveacrap@gmail.com or make their own update :whistle: :tongue:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Adelade wrote: July 9th, 2020, 9:01 pm Anyone who doesnt like them are welcome to send their complaints to idontgiveacrap@gmail.com or make their own update :whistle: :tongue:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks Adelade! Appreciate the Members version! If I have complaints I'll make sure to pass them on to the complaints department but I feel the course will be perfect in it's current state. :thumbup:

(I would say there is a good chance that email address is owned by someone) :laugh:
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Kudos to you on this one, Adelade! The screenshots look like beautiful golf paintings. Can't wait to play it and host a tournament there!

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

pmgolf wrote: July 10th, 2020, 12:01 pm Kudos to you on this one, Adelade! The screenshots look like beautiful golf paintings. Can't wait to play it and host a tournament there!

Pete
Was hoping to use the new version next week on the LSPN European Tour's version of The Open, but still haven't heard back from Admin :-(
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Adelade,
If you'll recall, I'm one of the guys that mentioned the permanent tournament objects initially. So thanks for creating a "Members " version of RLSA, that we can all play "recreationally" as well. It looks absolutely great ! It's only now and then that I, personally, feel like playing when the crowds are present. Even "imaginary" galleries make me nervous !! :unsure:
Pete

Post by Pete »

Looking good in it's natural state :clapping: :clapping: :notworthy: :thumbup:
angstfree

Post by angstfree »

Arrrrggghh! Those bunkers remind me of 1916 when I was in the trenches and....sorry...I digress :whistle: . I do remember a lot of times, when I landed in those English bunkers, having to make a shot onto the fairway by hitting it back towards the tee. Recovery is one of most rewarding thing in the game of golf!