Royal Lytham and St Annes 2020 Finished

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Re: Royal Lytham and St Annes 2020 Finished

Post by Weeler »

I downloaded and began playing Royal Lytham this morning and , of course, noticed that permanent 'tournament spectator seating' is featured throughout the entire course. Is this the way the course looks at all times?(IRL). Can all of those stands be put in the section that says: "Show Tournament Objects" or "Don't Show Tourney Objects? " I, for one , would like to enjoy playing a round without them present because unless you've got crowds filling them....they sort of disrupt the overall look, IMO.

I guess another option might be to release a separate "Non-Tournament" .crz version altogether. Anyhow.....just a thought. I hope I'm not the only one who considers this a minor "issue". Otherwise, the upgrade looks absolutely awesome! Lots of attention to realism.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Great update Adelade, more easier pins nice touch, like the idea of members edition with no stands & members tees
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: June 28th, 2020, 2:34 pm I could give an example of how one could potentially use the alpha channel to create some transparency effects in theory for flags. For example you could make triangular flags, or even irregular shape flags like the one for the country Nepal, or perhaps a tattered flag with holes in it if you wanted some kind of... I dont know, pirate theme or something?
Well that would make sense. :smile: Thanks for the explanation. :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Congratulations on the update, Adelade!

I guess I should explain the stands. On our tenth wedding anniversary my wife and I went to the UK. We attended the 2012 Open and I was in awe and had a wonderful time. I decided to open Lytham in the APCD and the Tournament Version was born. They are built from terrain and not able to be turned on and off like the original Links tournament objects. Honestly, those original tournament objects do not in my opinion create a tournament atmosphere. At the time I had no ability (and even now a very slim one) to create 3d tourney objects I liked and give the proper atmosphere. It would not take a huge amount of work to create a member's version: remove grandstand crowds, delete grandstands, create faces to close up course surface, replant those areas. Since the course file is unlocked, anyone can have a go!
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Like I wrote in the Readme, a non-tournament version is something I was considering making, I wanted to see how much interest in such a version there might be. Thank you for speaking up Weeler and Pete :thumbup: Would love to hear if there are other people as well who would play such a version if it was made. I didnt think about having to replant grasses, but yea it shouldnt be that big of a deal. If anyone else wants to make it indeed feel free to :smile: (but please let me know about it!)

The biggest problem is... What would I call such a version?! The current name is already freakishly long! :laugh: Is there some fancy word shorter than "Members Course" that would fit? Would I drop the 2020 part of the name? Any help? :smile:

P.S. Could anyone educate me on the proper way to pronounce Lytham while we're at it? :whistle:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Don’t like tournament objects here either. Drop the 2020 and call it members.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
Pete

Post by Pete »

Agreed :thumbup:
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Still Linksing wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:48 pm Don’t like tournament objects here either. Drop the 2020 and call it members.
Ditto. Not a fan of the tournament stands, and it would be another real course to use for UK events.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

RLSA Members Course would do it for me! :smile: And don't make it too friendly - we don't want the riff-raff getting ideas, now do we! :cheers1:

Pete
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: June 29th, 2020, 6:09 pm
P.S. Could anyone educate me on the proper way to pronounce Lytham while we're at it? :whistle:
:bookh: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXFr_i2kEh8 :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added