Japanese and Chinese and Korean real courses?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duglis

Re: Japanese and Chinese and Korean real courses?

Post by Duglis »

I think it's great that some Asian courses are coming out. If Links designers put out a slew of the best of international courses (non European, non N. American), the legacy of this program would be set in stone for all time. That's just my opinion. I remember back in early 90s, when I worked on Jack Nicklaus Signature Courses (I made a few), we were lucky to have Asian, African and S. American members who made some cool course recreations from their native continents. I think the only reason we don't have many international courses is simply due to a lack of designers from those nations. There really is no reason to think people from N.America and Europe would make courses they are not at all familiar with.

So thanks to anyone who releases any international courses from now until Links is no longer played!!!..so the next 30 years hahaha :cheers1:

-Douglas
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

Adelade wrote: June 27th, 2020, 8:02 am None that I know of, although there is a version of Sheshan being made by Sean Landry thats pretty far progressed :clapping: I remember checking through the course list for the game Golden Bear Challenge (did I get that name right?) and it had LOTS of Asian courses that made me consider picking that game up just to check them out.
It's the closest "other golf game" to Links. A Links user wouldn't find much problem adjusting to it. Along with Links, it's also the only other classic golf game that works perfectly on Win 10.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

@Stephen I'm definitely not in a class with Sage! Maybe only with the number of courses in my APCD folder! Clearly my family responsibilities are FAR less than yours. Due to my hip surgery back in November, then the pandemic shutdown, I've been at home on my computer WAY too much. lol

Since I went into my hard drive for the Sheshan I also copied over my versions of Durban CC and Leopard Creek into my 'active' APCD folder. Again, I blame Duglis. Perhaps he's becoming the new Jimbo. :laugh:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

"Perhaps he's becoming the new Jimbo".......LMAO....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage..... :clapping: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

72Animal wrote: July 16th, 2020, 5:16 pm Due to my hip surgery back in November...
Hip replacement surgery? I had that done in '03 but it didn't go very well. Hope your surgery worked ok!

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

72Animal wrote: July 16th, 2020, 5:16 pm @Stephen I'm definitely not in a class with Sage! Maybe only with the number of courses in my APCD folder! Clearly my family responsibilities are FAR less than yours. Due to my hip surgery back in November, then the pandemic shutdown, I've been at home on my computer WAY too much. lol
Hope your hip replacement goes as well as my dad's did. he had to have his done at age 50, as he had polio as a child and due to wear and tear his left hip was arthritic. He was 80 last November and it's only now becoming a problem again.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

72Animal wrote: July 15th, 2020, 5:34 pm Well, I blame Duglis for this one. I just opened my Sheshan file. Damn you Duglis! Lol, anyway, I took an hour to update the holes. I made my aerial way back in 2007 or 2008 I think. So I redid some bunkering and changed the line of play on the par 3 12th hole as well. There are bunkers added to the 14th fairway landing area (on the right) which I haven't added. I don't see a need to pinch that landing area more since there is a big bunker on the left. And I'm thinking of not putting in the trees that block the water there anyway. I also started a raw alpha of Hirono Golf Club in Japan. The aerial and all large elevations are in. The front 9 is also meshed in for tees, greens, fairways, bunkers and ponds. It's a long way off though.

There may be a rough Sheshan Beta available within a week or two. It'll be a little rough around the edges, though, be warned. I have been working to get Abu Dhabi to a point of final release.
How have you been? I've not heard for you in a while. I hope you are feeling well. Wondering how your courses are coming along? The Asian ones? :D
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi everyone, been busy with life the last month or so! Not much time at all online and almost no time in Links or APCD! I did fiddle with Abu Dhabi, Sheshan and Hamilton a few weeks ago. So there"s still pokers in the fire, but I will have a lot less time as I'm back at work teaching Grade 7 and 8 at school with real kids sitting in the desks! I think Abu Dhabi and Hamilton are close to release, just need to take some hours with each on a weekend and see where they wind up.
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

I've always wanted to tackle Hirono, but not much info available. might of started it sometime ago, need to finish what I've started first. :whistle:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

dorse72 wrote: September 19th, 2020, 3:23 am I've always wanted to tackle Hirono, but not much info available. might of started it sometime ago, need to finish what I've started first. :whistle:
Is Seminole your next course?