Japanese and Chinese and Korean real courses?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duglis

Japanese and Chinese and Korean real courses?

Post by Duglis »

Are there any out there besides Phoenix, done by microsoft, way back? Any designers from those nations out there?
We need some of them IMO. Shanqin?

Anyway...Yeah, not many courses from Africa, South America and Asia. I remember long ago I was a playing a different golf designing game and we were lucky to have 1 real talented Japanese designer and 1 Chinese designer and they put out really good courses from those nations.

Be well, all!

-Doug
woody4077

Re: Japanese and Chinese and Korean real courses?

Post by woody4077 »

i'd love to see hirono
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

woody4077 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 10:23 am i'd love to see hirono
ditto
Pete

Post by Pete »

Not exactly but Saigon Golf & Country Club Vietnam should be available
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Looking at the Asian PGA tour there's nothing in Viet Nam (thereis one stop in NZ).
There are less than dozen stops:

1. Hong Kong Golf Club
2. Sentosa Club (Serapong Course), Singapore
3. Lake View Resort, Thailand
4. Millbrook Resort,New Zealand
5. Kota Permai, Malaysia
6. Bear's Best Cheongna, South Korea
7. Taiwon Golf & Country Club, Chinese Taipei
8. Joyo Country Club, Japan

I haven't checked any websites although I would guess that they have translation features (even the Kiwis :naughty: )
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Jimbo wrote: June 26th, 2020, 6:20 pm Looking at the Asian PGA tour there's nothing in Viet Nam (thereis one stop in NZ).
There are less than dozen stops:

1. Hong Kong Golf Club
2. Sentosa Club (Serapong Course), Singapore
3. Lake View Resort, Thailand
4. Millbrook Resort,New Zealand
5. Kota Permai, Malaysia
6. Bear's Best Cheongna, South Korea
7. Taiwon Golf & Country Club, Chinese Taipei
8. Joyo Country Club, Japan

I haven't checked any websites although I would guess that they have translation features (even the Kiwis :naughty: )
I might live in Australia, but I am in fact a Kiwi. I have been to Milbrook a couple of times. ot played but just called in while we were in the area. Very nice indeed. They have 27 holes, so if somebody was to create a course in Links, I'm not sure how you would choose which 18 to create? Lots of building there as well, with rental and privately owned houses along fairways, or within sight of them. It's a very beautiful course with spectacular views of the mountains but not sure how doable it is. But defintely would make a lovely addition to the list of links courses!

There is another private course not far away, that is supposedly just as good or maybe even better. The Micheal Hill course.

Cheers, AJ
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

None that I know of, although there is a version of Sheshan being made by Sean Landry thats pretty far progressed :clapping: I remember checking through the course list for the game Golden Bear Challenge (did I get that name right?) and it had LOTS of Asian courses that made me consider picking that game up just to check them out.

I'll grab the opportunity to once again request help with putting together pictures of trees/bushes etc for 2D Objects from south-east Asia :whistle: if anyone perhaps happen to go there on vacation and are able to take pictures that are easy to work with (distinct backgrounds behind distinct singular trees/plants) :cheers1:
woody4077 wrote: June 26th, 2020, 10:23 am i'd love to see hirono
Same! :smile: I had put it on my (very long) list of potential real courses to make after Nine Bridges, but I doubt it will be the one I end up going for so anyone else feel free... :whistle:
Jimbo wrote: June 26th, 2020, 6:20 pm2. Sentosa Club (Serapong Course), Singapore
This is one of the courses I have given most thought so far, but yea it will be a while before I get to the point of even deciding whether to make it.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Looking forward to Nine Bridges. 👍
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Well, I blame Duglis for this one. I just opened my Sheshan file. Damn you Duglis! Lol, anyway, I took an hour to update the holes. I made my aerial way back in 2007 or 2008 I think. So I redid some bunkering and changed the line of play on the par 3 12th hole as well. There are bunkers added to the 14th fairway landing area (on the right) which I haven't added. I don't see a need to pinch that landing area more since there is a big bunker on the left. And I'm thinking of not putting in the trees that block the water there anyway. I also started a raw alpha of Hirono Golf Club in Japan. The aerial and all large elevations are in. The front 9 is also meshed in for tees, greens, fairways, bunkers and ponds. It's a long way off though.

There may be a rough Sheshan Beta available within a week or two. It'll be a little rough around the edges, though, be warned. I have been working to get Abu Dhabi to a point of final release.
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I don't know how you and Sage do it.

I have been on furlough from work during the pandemic, as my wife is having to shield due to health issues, and i have only managed to release one course in that time :pcwhack: :surrender:

I have been doing all the shopping and dog walking though as she hasn't been allowed to leave the house :thumbup: