Harbour Town HD

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Harbour Town HD

Post by Weeler »

Since the RBC Heritage Classic is being played at Pete Dye's 'Harbour Town Links' this weekend, I just wanted to offer up accolades to designer Eddie
Schmidt who created his HD rendition a couple years back. It is such a superb effort, IMO. The level of detail is remarkable. A view from the tee on the two Par 3's , #4 and #14 can attest to that. As well has the lush Carolina woodlands the course is set in. Also impressive are the many huge homes that seem to be perfectly nestled into their respective spots on the layout.
It's almost assured that every round you play will end up giving a different 'view' or vista that you haven't seen the last time around. Finally, when you reach the 17th and 18th holes, you break out into the open to see the inlet and marshy areas that set these holes apart. Capped off by seeing the lighthouse and buildings as you approach, and putt on the 18th green. To me, this Links course gives you a definite feeling of being there and enjoying it in real life. Eddie, this is one of the true gems in the Links library !! Thanks for the time and effort you put into it.
I'm looking forward to your future projects ! ( Also want to mention that your 'Bull Run' is outstanding as well. Very well done )

Weeler
pmgolf

Re: Harbour Town HD

Post by pmgolf »

Weeler: "To me, this Links course gives you a definite feeling of being there and enjoying it in real life."

I've been there in real life, The very first time I had crazy feelings of deja vu! Same thing at Pinehurst 2 and even moreso at Augusta National, both of which I've seen in person. You go there for the very first time, and it's like you're going back to a course that you've played hundreds of times! It's a freaky feeling, but a lot of fun at the same time! It really enhances the experience of seeing it for real!

Pete