Coomealla Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
karnaktwo

Re: Coomealla Beta

Post by karnaktwo »

Can't believe this is a first course. Have played the finished version a few times now and it's straight into my favourites. :thumbup: :clapping:
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

I'm really glad you guys like it. That makes the time that goes into a course worthwhile. :yes:

In case you are interested, what I'm working on at the moment is Coomealla as I envisage it could look. Sort of like a championship version, though it won't be any longer. In fact some of the par3s might be a bit shorter. But Coomealla, has a couple of big dams (ponds) tucked away in the bush out of sight... I have expanded on that so that the ponds are flowing thru the course from high ground to low and out to the river. So... a few streams and ponds, not too many of them in play but enough to make it interesting and add some variety to the course.

Some of the tees are moved to give more interesting shots to the green or fairway. For example, the tee on #3 is tucked into the bush beside a pond... best shot to get close now (to this particular pin), is aim for the center of the green with a fade into the pin location. So yeah, a few more fades and draws required to score well, IMO. See screenshot.

Also, more bunkers, greens extended to give some nice pins tucked in behind bunkers, streams and ponds, and I have finally found what seems to be the way to get nice tyre tracks on my sandy paths when the path is snaking around corners. I'm probably putting more work into what is NOT in play than what is, so that there is loads to see and find if anyone every decided to go for a walk during a practice round. :naughty: Like a little digger (excavator) working on a pond out in the bush at the back of the course.

It's really being done for my own satisfaction more than anything. So I don't have any expectations as to whether people will like it or not. though of course I hope they do! I mainly want to see what can and can't be done with APCD, and try to make a course more than just 18 holes of golf. I'm trying for something that is more than just the score at the end of the round, looking to try and create something where the walk around is just as much fun as the actual game. Whether I can achieve that remains to be seen. :tongue:

Cheers, AJ
Attachments
cmc-h4.jpg
cmc-h4.jpg (430.27 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
cmc-h3.jpg
cmc-h3.jpg (637.87 KiB) Viewed 2391 times
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

AJ, I'm getting ready to have a tournament at Coomealla Memorial starting Thursday (LSPN.net - World Tour). I found a scorecard on the internet that has the handicap number for the holes:
s_2077.jpg
s_2077.jpg (49.18 KiB) Viewed 2247 times
Thanks for the great course!

Pete
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Great to hear the course is getting used Pete :clapping: And also good to see a handicap card. Hope the tourney goes well.

Cheers, AJ
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

I just played my first round in Pete's event, AJ. Very enjoyable course. Thank you.

Dave
No matter where you go, there you are.