Coomealla Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Re: Coomealla Beta

Post by sagevanni »

Awesome...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage.... :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I love your bunker lips....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Fatmouth Jones

Post by Fatmouth Jones »

Great job! Enjoyed my round without any issues. It's senseless to criticize the layout of a real course, but I do have an observation, man those fairways are tight! Thanks for your time and effort in bringing this course to the LC
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I've sent some comments-it's a great playable course...there's only one problem that I can see. I sent you a PM.
johnmilligan

Post by johnmilligan »

Brilliant! This is exactly what the country looks like in our neck of the woods. I give it 11 out of 10.
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Thanks for the positive comments everyone, much appreciated. :tiphat:

Yes, it does loook like that in this area, I live about 45min drive away so I'm familar with the arid country around here, take the dogs for a walk most evenings in very similar looking areas down by the river.

Well, lots of improvments have been made since that Beta. Fairways widened, a few bunker complexes added that arent actually on the course, but they add a lot to playability and scenic value on the links version. Also, a couple of buildings off the course that aren't in play, such as a block shed visible near the river from the 10th green. Also moved tee palcements so the mens and ladies play to exact and correct distances. The back tees, which don't exist on the real course are of course further back and stretch the course out to around 6500 meters (a bit over 700 yards).

Cart paths added, tidied up and the odd seam blend properites corrected. Somebody mentioned to me they didn't see kangaroos. Well, they are there, on a number of places around the course if you are in the right place and happen to be looking for them. For example, at the back of the 11th green, in a clearing in the bush. I think it's nice to have a few things that aren't always visible (or heard) the first time round.... such as the Paddle Steamer whistle. You might hear it when putting on the 8th, or you might not. Just depends. One thing I don't like is a loud constant loop of some sound that gets annoying after a while, so I have kept the levels down and put biggish variations as to when they play, if at all.

OK, well I hope to have the finalized version uploaded this weekend sometime. Along with screenshots and will include a readme with it. Thanks for looking at it and hope you enjoy your round on the final version.

Cheers, AJ
Pete

Post by Pete »

Looking forward to it, many thanks AJ :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Can't wait------should be a real treat! Many thanks. :clapping: :clapping:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Played a round on the final release, well done with the course :clapping: Certainly plays easy if staying on the fairways but doing so is tough, especially the opening holes felt narrow to me and I mentally prepared for a very tough round, but then I ended up scoring surprisingly well despite not playing particularly good from tee. I guess the fact that the land is quite flat and green areas fairly gentle balances things out nicely in the end, at least if playing on skill levels/swing types trickier than pro + classic. I enjoyed it a lot, its a modest layout but the best thing about this course is that it gives such a wonderful taste of what average golf environment in Australia is like (or so I assume anyway). Beautiful and authentic, I definitely recommend to everyone at the very least playing it once :thumbup:

If anyone wants to try it with my custom handpicked pins (easily playable on Fc/Fc):
2 10 3 2 8 5 4 13 7, 17 2 10 7 10 12 8 4 2
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Pete

Post by Pete »

Fine work, agree with Adelade about the fairways at the start, but if that's how they are, fine