Coomealla Beta

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

Coomealla Beta

Post by Pete »

AJ for a first course you've done great, fairways a bit narrow on some holes but if that's how they are well & good
very well done
Duglis

Re: Coomealla Beta

Post by Duglis »

This is a course in Victoria or New South Wales or are they one in the same? :p

Sorry hehe

-Doug
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Duglis wrote: June 16th, 2020, 8:41 pm This is a course in Victoria or New South Wales or are they one in the same? :p

Sorry hehe

-Doug
Duglis, you are right. I keep forgetting that it's across the river in NSW. Although it's only a decent 3wood away from Vic across the river. Thanks, I will correct that.

Cheers, AJ
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Pete wrote: June 16th, 2020, 7:19 pm AJ for a first course you've done great, fairways a bit narrow on some holes but if that's how they are well & good
very well done
Thanks Pete. :smile: A couple of minor things been found so far, so I'm keeping a list of what I change/fix. Hoping it won't be too much. Whew, didn't realize quite how much work goes into a course before I started... thought I would never get it finished. But close to it now, on the home stretch. Oh, and one of the things I'm doing is widening any of the fairways that seem to be on the narrow side. Can't have people playing from the rough too often eh? :naughty:

Cheers, AJ
Pete

Post by Pete »

:thumbup:
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Well, AJ, I played a careful full round on Coomealla even "trying" to hit into the bunkers or in heavier rough in order to check out any playability issues.
Or how the ball came out of different lies. I didn't find any abnormalities. I've got to agree with some of the other posters here, this does NOT look
like your first APCD course. All the planting with underbrush, and the look of the trees and other textures looks like the work of an experienced designer.
Speaking of trees, that striking purple one near the 12th green....is that out of your imagination, or is there something like that in Australia? I think
it spices things up, visually. AND......I didn't miss that group of 'Roo's on the right side of the 17th fairway. Are they even in the APCD animal files??

Overall, I think it's a great addition to the Links course database. Nicely done ! :thumbup:
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Hi Wheeler, that purple tree is a jaccarranda, and we have a lot of them in this area. They come out with that blossom in the springtime, and put on quite a show. So yes, that's how they look I didn't make it up. :tiphat:

I showed the family the course tonight for the first time, we played a round on the TV. First time I have played Links on anything other than my laptop and I have to say, it looks really nice on a 65" HD!

There are more roos scattered around the course than the ones you saw. Not all obvious and you have to be in the right spots to see them. Like for example... past the 11th green, and near the restroom on (I think) 15.

Made a few corrections over the past couplke of days, plus a few additions, tweaked some fairways etc. I think it's pretty close to being a final version. :kicking: Oh, and I don't know what animals are in the APCD library, I try to make my own tga's when I can. Same with stuff like that jacarranda. Or the mob of kangaroos, that pic had the background erased then the image touched up and saved as a TGA to go into my planting set.

Cheers, AJ
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

AJ Allen wrote: June 16th, 2020, 9:01 pm
Duglis wrote: June 16th, 2020, 8:41 pm This is a course in Victoria or New South Wales or are they one in the same? :p

Sorry hehe

-Doug
Duglis, you are right. I keep forgetting that it's across the river in NSW. Although it's only a decent 3wood away from Vic across the river. Thanks, I will correct that.

Cheers, AJ
Either way it seems to be a bit of a commute from either Sydney or Melbourne...or anywhere... :laugh:
Any try as I might I couldn't get my damn ball to drop on the practise green! :wallbash: And the other golfers were watching...
The club website shows that they offer a multitude of other activities...but no curling??? :rant:
Anyway, I'll PM you with comments (other than these ones! :naughty: )
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Jinbo, it's about 6-7hrs north of Melbourne, and roughly 12hrs west of Sydney. So yes, well inland, but with a much nicer climate than either of those 2 places (IMO). Very hot and dry over the summer, and the light grass you see under the trees on my version of the course bakes off and dies during the hotter months.

As for the practice green, no excuses for your bad putting mate. Next thing you know, you will try to claim they aren't really there, or perhaps some practical joker put some cellophane over the top of them :rofl:

Cheers, AJ
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

Pretty much done, only last few cart paths to put it which I'm doing now. Every day I keep thinking of things, or seeing something that I could tweak to make the course btter, but that has to stop at some stage or it will never be finished. :rofl:

Took a while to find what works best for me with cart paths, so now I have my own method of doing them that I think looks pretty nice. A few screenshots of how Coomealla looks now. Think these might be the ones I will put into the upload to show the course, unless I take something better between now and then.
Cheers, AJ
Attachments
cm6.jpg
cm6.jpg (509.02 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
cm5.jpg
cm5.jpg (485.96 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
cm4.jpg
cm4.jpg (500.71 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
cm3.jpg
cm3.jpg (207.16 KiB) Viewed 4340 times
cm2.jpg
cm2.jpg (543.07 KiB) Viewed 4340 times