Old Head Golf Links

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

Re: Old Head Golf Links

Post by Pete »

Yes I was in practice mode pmgolf
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Great! Thanks, Pete!

Re-Pete
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Great Job Everyone! A Dream come true! One of my favorite courses!!!!!!

:cheers1: :thumbup:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Pete wrote: June 15th, 2020, 7:37 pm Noticed this when looking back from first tee, plays great though
Pete, I noticed one of these off to the left on the 16th tee. At first I assumed it's a scoreboard, but it appears too large and shiny, like a giant glass building. Oh well, that's why we have betas. Beautiful course, love all the ups and downs, and the links style, reminds me of Pebble Beach on some holes. I did shoot a 59 (Pro/Classic) on my only go 'round, and hit every fairway. So my only suggestion is if you wanted to toughen it up a bit, to narrow the fairways a little -- which I know is cheating because this is a real course. But to me it plays easy, though that's partly because I just finished playing Colonial a few times :tongue: Other than those big shiny things, I didn't notice any other anomalies.

PS: Just read some earlier posts, and no I wasn't in Practice mode.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Think you should move to champ classic mode, they will be interested in "not in practice mode" comment
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

FOOOOORE! wrote: June 16th, 2020, 6:39 am Pete, I noticed one of these off to the left on the 16th tee. At first I assumed it's a scoreboard, but it appears too large and shiny, like a giant glass building. Oh well, that's why we have betas. Beautiful course, love all the ups and downs, and the links style, reminds me of Pebble Beach on some holes. I did shoot a 59 (Pro/Classic) on my only go 'round, and hit every fairway. So my only suggestion is if you wanted to toughen it up a bit, to narrow the fairways a little -- which I know is cheating because this is a real course. But to me it plays easy, though that's partly because I just finished playing Colonial a few times :tongue: Other than those big shiny things, I didn't notice any other anomalies.

PS: Just read some earlier posts, and no I wasn't in Practice mode.
Thanks for playing it! The large shiny thing - it wasn't red, was it? Down at ground level? This is something I haven't seen and I'd like to figure it out. Can you describe it a little better?

I'm just starting to experiment with conditions at Old Head. The nature of the course just begs for more wind - gusty for sure! Maybe even windy. and faster greens. But the real kicker is the Ladies tees. They are set to be longer and tougher than the Pro tees. And there are hole previews for those who wish to turn off their top cameras. I'll set up a tough round and post it here after I get back from playing real golf today.

Pete
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

pmgolf wrote: June 16th, 2020, 12:09 pm Thanks for playing it! The large shiny thing - it wasn't red, was it? Down at ground level? This is something I haven't seen and I'd like to figure it out. Can you describe it a little better?

Pete
It's rectangular, and looks at first glance like a giant scoreboard at a distance, bluish-white in colour, mostly white. I think someone posted a screen cap further up (and he and I may be referring to the same object even though he saw it on the first tee and I'm seeing it on the 16th tee). Once I realized it isn't a scoreboard, then it appeared to be a giant, glass building off in the distance. You did a good job on all the cliffs and steep drop-offs by the way, they look quite realistic; none of those smooth, overly-stretched textures you sometimes see where there's lots of bare rock.

Hmm that's interesting, I just went to the 16th tee in Practice mode to do a screen cap, and it doesn't show up there. Could be hard to track down if it depends on particular settings like what sky is being used.

Interestinger and interestinger, I just played through to 16 in Play mode, picking up my ball after the first short shot on each hole to get there quickly -- and that anomaly wasn't there! Now I wish I'd done a screen cap when I first saw it. But it looked pretty much like the image Pete posted (re-attached here), only mine was a single rectangle, and mostly white in colour.
screen0009.jpg
screen0009.jpg (149.44 KiB) Viewed 3771 times
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

I have an oceans sound ..ssf sound file that I use when I play ocean courses. I can share that if you want to use part of that in this course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcqz34rylwcr8 ... e.ssf?dl=0
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

pmgolf..... Those really large blades of grass making up the rough that I saw were just to left of the 4th green. On my second shot , I didn't account
for the strong wind coming from the right, so my shot veered to the left slightly down an embankment. When I went to make my third, I was looking
"up" to the green about 2-3 ft., and the huge grass was both flat and kind of "mangled" looking. I didn't see any other areas where the rough looked
like that.....but then I tried my best to get it on the green. My only round so far was a 76, under windy conditions. And that included 2 birdies !
So, I thought there were a few challenging holes.....and some great looking scenery !
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Duglis wrote: June 16th, 2020, 1:45 pm I have an oceans sound ..ssf sound file that I use when I play ocean courses. I can share that if you want to use part of that in this course.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcqz34rylwcr8 ... e.ssf?dl=0
That's great, Duglis! I grabbed a copy!

Pete