River Courses

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
milwsteve

River Courses

Post by milwsteve »

I would love to see someone do the following river courses in the future for Links 2003 Missouri Bluffs Country Club,Little Falls Country Club,Misssissippi Dunes Golf Club,Mississippi Golf Club,Lake City Country Club and Dodge Riverside Golf Club I would appreciate it Steve :smile:
milwsteve

Re: River Courses

Post by milwsteve »

Just send me a pm when you get the chance to see these fine looking river courses in Links 2003 thank you,Steve :cheers1:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Nag, nag, nag - right? :dunno: :wallbash:
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I just do not have the knowledge to learn the APCD and I do not have the income to purchase photo shop just looking for someone to design the courses I am looking for like Arsenal Island,Dakota Dunes Country Club.LittleFalls Country Club,Mississippi Dunes GolfClub,Lake City Country Club,Dodge Riverside Country Club,Missouri Bluffs Country Club,Thank You Steve :smile:
Still Linksing

Post by Still Linksing »

milwsteve wrote: June 21st, 2020, 7:56 pm I do not have the income to purchase photo shop
Anyone looking for editors like this there is free GIMP and a host of other programs like Paint Shop Pro at affordable prices.
For all the old golf games visit:
Golf Sim Clubhouse
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

I believe millsteve is mistaken in pushing these so called river courses. Sure they may be beside a river, but a pano cannot be made to emulate the personal feelings of being actually on the golf course say for Arsenal Island, a course set on an island in the middle of the Mississippi River. Take for instance Meadow Lark has a river to right of hole #1, but the river did not come into scenery so much as trees were between the hole and the river. A river or water hazards only come into the mix when they are on a hole to see and are in play strategically. Even for an ocean beside a hole on a course it is dramatic to have a drop off cliff to definitely scare a player to avoid going there. Personally if I played hole #8 at Pebble Beach I would be scared to go anywhere near cliff edge to right side of the fairway there. Other than Dakota Dunes these courses hyped by millsteve may fit pattern of being like Meadow Lark, which looked and played much the same as a muni course. Muni courses are short, lack hazards that cause golfers trouble taking an eternity to play rounds or costing course money to maintain them. Players get a round of golf in quickly especially if ride in golf cart and afterwards brag to others about what a good round that they played. Take for instance Meadow Lark where the only hazards I saw were the tree lined fairways. It would take a poor golfer playing Links to wind up either in what are sand traps near greens and are not really greenside or water hazards and that would apply as well to real players playing the course. The course is not challenging and is not scenic. Dave Hill when playing the 1970 US Open described Hazeltine kind of meanly and over time the course has proven him wrong when he said it was 80 acres that should have had corn and cows on it. I have played similar muni type courses like Meadow Lark when growing up, but as the cities surrounding where I live more and more of these type of courses have closed down turning into land for housing as I see that Mississippi Dunes, one of the courses millsteve has on his list of courses he wanted done has closed down and has been up for sale for a few years now.

There is a saying in an old movie, (In The Wrath of Khan (1982), Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.” Captain Kirk answers, “Or the one.”) Instead of asking a designer such as Sage to work on courses that a person might have played or know of by being nearby to where they live---Sage has an exceptional mind to create fictional scenic as well as challenging courses to play or to recreate here in Links acclaimed national/international courses that might have in the past or will soon host major tournaments, also course venues that pros play every year that many in Links know about by seeing tournaments on tv.

Dakota Dunes looks unique as it has the Palmer name attached to it and checking his course design team is still in operation following Mr. Palmer's passing a few years ago. By hole previews there are water hazards that make this course different than other courses such as Sand Hills or some in Oregon that have national acclaim. I would positively write that a talented course designer might take a look and see if this course, albeit without any recognition of it that I have seen previously to millsteve bringing the course up as it would be both scenic and challenging to Links players that is of course in my humble opinion.
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I understand that most of these courses are municipal courses and a lot of them lack hazards but I still would enjoy playing them like Arsenal Island even though it is no longer open like Mississippi Dunes Country Club I would also like to play Dodge Riverside Golf Club,Dakota Dunes Country Club in Dakota Dunes,SD,Lake City Country Club in Lake City,MN,Little Falls Country Club in Little Falls,MN and Missouri Bluffs Country Club in St Charles,Mo I just got home from the hospital Wednesday from emergency brain surgery due to a subdural hemotoma and it will be a while until I get back to work and would love to play these courses on Links 2003 I have no knowledge on using the Arnold Palmer course designer as it has a huge learning curve and I am not good at designing courses so I would appreciate it if anyone has the time I would love to see these courses done for Links 2003 Thank You very much Steve I enjoy playing Links 2003 very much the most realistic golf game out there :smile:
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I would just like someone or some people to do the courses I would like to play on Links2003 I know some courses are o longer open like Mississippi Dunes Country Club,Arsenal Island Golf course,other courses like Dodge Riverside.Golf Course,Little Falls County.Club,Missouri Bluffs Country Club I don't intend using these courses for my enjoyment :smile:
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

I think you might struggle to find somebody to do these courses, Steve. There are hundreds of hours, maybe thousands, that go into a course, so a designer wants to be sure that it going to be worth the effort.

For most, that would mean it's a course that lots of people want to play. For my first course (Coomealla) I chose a course that was unkown, but it was for my own satisfaction as much as anything. Plus, I wanted to create a course that was unlike any of the others available to download. Something that showed a typical rural Australian course.

But creating a muni type course such as one of the ones you have mentioned? I cant imagine anyone wanting to invest perhaps 1000hrs into creating something that probably only you will play regularly. And while it's reasonable to ask if anybody would like to do it, perhaps it is a bit unreasonable to expect somebody should.

But good luck anyway. For me personally, I will look for doing a course that I feel the majority of people will enjoy, and play more than just 1 time.

Cheers, AJ
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I still want to try and find some one or some people to build these course I appriciate your input AJ