Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Post by Andy »

gene_golf wrote: August 20th, 2021, 7:00 pm Is there someone, who has a spreadsheet that has entered in attributes of courses to where they list in order downwards what are the longest courses ever created in Links?
On the main courses page there is an option to download a CSV version of the course database. If you then open this in Excel or another spreadsheet program you can sort the table by course length. :bookh:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Westernblue wrote: August 21st, 2021, 8:36 am I first played this course on Playstation One back in the day
And on PC as well
A user created course is available on The Golf Club
I look forward to seeing and playing this wonderful course on Links 2003
Thank you Danny
Agreed! Thank You Danny!
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

picture perfect golf anyone? :p
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

:fcrossed:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

It might be a little off-topic but Coeur is celebrating their "Whisky Barrel Weekend" October15-16.
www.cdaresort.com 😁
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

:fcrossed:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hi guys...

Just dropping in with an update on my progress with Coeur d'Alene.

I've been doing lots of detail work on the grounds and buildings all along the lake shore. There's so much to do, and it's time consuming. I've also spent a lot of time building a planting set. CDL has a lot of special type of pine trees, and they are really scarce in the Links planting world. I've spent many days on the Internet searching for those type of pine trees, and I found several, but not as many as I would like. It will be really difficult for me to use these trees and avoid having duplicates next to each other. I also found some new pine trees at a graphics site, and I purchased 20 new pine trees for 4 dollars each. They are super high quality trees, already cut out and ready to use. So CDL will have a collection of all new, never before seen pine trees, (about 30 of them ) plus many new grass textures and custom images never before seen in the Links world.

My goal is to complete the course as it is IRL now, and release it as the standard edition, and then I will set up another version for championship tournament play, which will be edited in some areas to add yardage and difficulty to an otherwise short, easy layout.

I understand that as it currently plays, it is a short and easy course, with pretty easy greens, but with a little work it can be made to play harder by adding a little distance, using some difficult pin positions, and setting various wind and speed conditions.

The bottom line is, this is a specialty course, know pretty much for its beauty and surrounding scenery. The main attraction is that it's the only course in the world with a floating green. I am building the course because of its beauty and uniqueness, not because I think it will make a great tournament course. My hope is that it can be played and enjoyed for those reasons. Therefore, I am putting in a lot of time and effort into making it look as nice as I can.

I'm not going to make any predictions about a completion date, but at a guess I'd say I'm nearing the completion of the construction and detail work, and will be planting the trees after that. I'd say I'm about 90% done, with a few weeks left to go. One thing for certain is, I am not going to rush to finish it. I will stick with it until it is completed to my satisfaction. Just want everyone to know that I have been putting in 4 to 6 hours a day on it, and its all going well so far. :whistle:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Why is it that the last 10% always takes 25% of the total time? :dunno:
Looking forwards to playing it.

Ian
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Appreciate your dedication. No doubt it will be a gem and look forward to it. :thumbup:
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Thanks for the update, Danny. I really appreciate your work on this!!!!!!! :clapping: