Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chad

Re: Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Post by chad »

I got a certificate of achievement stashed someplace when I parred that hole years ago :thumbup:
It's the only thing I've ever won when playing golf :laugh:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

chad wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 8:07 pm I got a certificate of achievement stashed someplace when I parred that hole years ago :thumbup:
Congratulations Chad! You the man!!! :smile: :cheers1: :clapping: :notworthy: :thumbup: :kicking: I would cherish that forever. Tell me, what kind of rough did they have when you played it? Would you consider it DEEP rough?

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hi fellow designers.

I copied and created a beach texture from Google Earth and applied it to my course. I think it came out quite well. If any of you are interested in this beach texture, I'll be glad to share it along with the path mapping settings that I used.

Dan :tiphat:
Attachments
beach2.jpg
beach2.jpg (439.22 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
beach1.jpg
beach1.jpg (444.17 KiB) Viewed 3885 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
chad

Post by chad »

Danny D wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 7:19 am
chad wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 8:07 pm I got a certificate of achievement stashed someplace when I parred that hole years ago :thumbup:
Congratulations Chad! You the man!!! :smile: :cheers1: :clapping: :notworthy: :thumbup: :kicking: I would cherish that forever. Tell me, what kind of rough did they have when you played it? Would you consider it DEEP rough?

Dan

Hey Dan, the rough at CDa Resort is kept trimmed way down and looks like other golf course's first cut of rough. They let it grow out for tournaments, then trim it down again. The rough there is isn't much trouble if you miss the FW.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

chad wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:18 pm
Danny D wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 7:19 am

Dan

Hey Dan, the rough at CDa Resort is kept trimmed way down and looks like other golf course's first cut of rough. They let it grow out for tournaments, then trim it down again. The rough there is isn't much trouble if you miss the FW.
Thanks Chad. I'm guessing they keep it short to help speed up play. I noticed they have a "15 minute" per hole rule, which I assume doesn't apply in tournaments. My version will have deep rough. It's a relatively short course and will play pretty easy, so I believe the deep rough should keep it a tad more challenging.

Dan
Completed Courses
chad

Post by chad »

Their rightful claim to fame is the floating green and the scenery. It's an incredibly beautiful golf course. :thumbup:
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

any update(s)?
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

woody4077 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 4:44 amany update(s)?
Still pluggin' away at it every day. Lots of time consuming detail work. It won't be any time soon though. :whistle:
Completed Courses
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Did they call you Woody d'Alene after that? :tongue:
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Danny D wrote: September 27th, 2020, 6:50 am
woody4077 wrote: September 27th, 2020, 4:44 amany update(s)?
Still pluggin' away at it every day. Lots of time consuming detail work. It won't be any time soon though. :whistle:
I'm sure it will be well worth the wait.