Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
woody4077

Re: Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Post by woody4077 »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
ChuckH

Post by ChuckH »

Wow. This is so much more than what I was expecting.
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Yes, it looks beautiful!!!!!!!!!! Very impressive!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

PUTTER...

Just started building Putter tonight. I'll attach pictures of various saving points as I go so you can watch it transform.

Here's the real thing...

putter.jpg
putter.jpg (156.3 KiB) Viewed 3780 times

Here's my first save...

save01.jpg
save01.jpg (95.76 KiB) Viewed 3780 times

More to come later...

:cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Haha. Excellent work. I just imagined a little cut scene where a little dude invites you to step on the ship and you (point of view) go on a little virtual trip to the green via the boat and then afterward a little virtual trip back. hahah.

Anyway...Superb superb work! More than I think anyone expected!!!

:)
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Danny D wrote: August 30th, 2020, 6:01 am PUTTER...

Just started building Putter tonight. I'll attach pictures of various saving points as I go so you can watch it transform.

Here's the real thing...
putter.jpg
putter.jpg (156.3 KiB) Viewed 3721 times

Here's my first save...
save 1.jpg
save 1.jpg (63.64 KiB) Viewed 3721 times

Here's where I'm at so far
save 2.jpg
save 2.jpg (61.81 KiB) Viewed 3721 times
save 3.jpg
save 3.jpg (56.86 KiB) Viewed 3721 times

More to come later...

:cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Duglis wrote: August 30th, 2020, 12:01 pm Haha. Excellent work. I just imagined a little cut scene where a little dude invites you to step on the ship and you (point of view) go on a little virtual trip to the green via the boat and then afterward a little virtual trip back. hahah.

Anyway...Superb superb work! More than I think anyone expected!!!

:)
The golf game of my dreams would have you get into a golf cart and drive to your ball every time you hit. That would make for more fun.

I played a game called FarCry 2. The graphics and movements of the entire program were very realistic. In it you get to drive several different vehicles, including Jeeps, dune buggy's, swamp boats and various other cars and trucks. It's a first person shooter, and you see everything thru your ANI's eyes. I have often wondered why programmers capable of writing games that detailed can't write a golf game instead of a war game, where you see everything thru your eyes, drive a golf cart to your shot, see yourself take a club out of your bag, lean over your ball, align yourself to where you want to hit, and then hit the ball as your eyes and head turn to follow the ball down the fairway. That would be a blast to play that way. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
Lez Marwick

Post by Lez Marwick »

Danny D wrote: September 1st, 2020, 9:50 am The golf game of my dreams would have you get into a golf cart and drive to your ball every time you hit. That would make for more fun.

I played a game called FarCry 2. The graphics and movements of the entire program were very realistic. In it you get to drive several different vehicles, including Jeeps, dune buggy's, swamp boats and various other cars and trucks. It's a first person shooter, and you see everything thru your ANI's eyes. I have often wondered why programmers capable of writing games that detailed can't write a golf game instead of a war game, where you see everything thru your eyes, drive a golf cart to your shot, see yourself take a club out of your bag, lean over your ball, align yourself to where you want to hit, and then hit the ball as your eyes and head turn to follow the ball down the fairway. That would be a blast to play that way. :smile:

Dan
You're pretty much describing The Golf Club VR here. I couldn't find a video of anyone driving the golf carts, but you can do it in this game, although the courses are often impossible to drive around because they were designed for the original game The Golf Club, which doesn't have driving in. I remember playing on my Par 3 design in it and driving to each shot! The game is really hard in VR though, even on the easiest settings and also a lot of the planting on the courses gets stripped out in the VR version for performance reasons. I played one of my forest designs in VR and barely recognised it because there were so few trees!! In VR everything has to be rendered twice - once for each eye, to give the correct stereo depth of vision, so as well as a VR headset, you need a really high end PC to run it, even on lower settings.
Below is a video of the game play - the guy playing is not a golfer, and if you're wondering about the weird club distances shown in the game, they are created from the average distances hit by each club, so if you've only hit four 5 irons, one 170 yds, and three duffs of 10 yds, the club would show 50yds as your 5 iron distance in the game... ((170+10+10+10)/4). Obviously the more you play, the more accurate the distances shown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm_VL0h3NlE

Tiger Woods on the Wii also had first person mode before VR was a thing, but there were no golf carts in that game.
my APCD designs - Ackerton Cross, Anakena Beach, Battley Peak, Elsham Woods, Fairview GC, Margaret's Bay, Masson Moor GC, Mowsbury Golf Club, The Dustin Trophy, Upham Hall Golf Club, Yarlswood Golf Club, Zeitsbergen
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Lez Marwick wrote: September 1st, 2020, 11:49 am You're pretty much describing The Golf Club VR here. I couldn't find a video of anyone driving the golf carts, but you can do it in this game, although the courses are often impossible to drive around because they were designed for the original game The Golf Club, which doesn't have driving in.
Wow. I had no idea. :smile: But the VR golf does do what I was describing. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. :thumbup:

Dan
Completed Courses
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Danny D wrote: September 1st, 2020, 12:33 pm
Lez Marwick wrote: September 1st, 2020, 11:49 am You're pretty much describing The Golf Club VR here. I couldn't find a video of anyone driving the golf carts, but you can do it in this game, although the courses are often impossible to drive around because they were designed for the original game The Golf Club, which doesn't have driving in.
Wow. I had no idea. :smile: But the VR golf does do what I was describing. It looks like it could be a lot of fun. :thumbup:

Dan
You can try it, Dan, but don't leave us! lol!