Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Re: Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Post by Danny D »

alarduran wrote: June 13th, 2020, 8:56 am Hi, Dan:

Have you tried with Google Maps? In its 3D mode, you can tilt the view until almost horizontal (using CAPS and the mouse) and then rotate 360º. If the panorama suits your taste you could take screenshots and stitch them together later.
Regards.
I do admit I like the looks of yours much better. I will also look into trying this method. Thanks for the tip. :tiphat: Your Google Map images look much better than the Earth images that I captured. I'll look closer into this tomorrow for sure.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Dan its not going to show up in Links unless you're within 1000 yards of the edge. Ok I just doublechecked, and it seems like its more like 1300 yards on the highest setting. If the graphics slider by the middle (setting 4 out of 6) terrain doesnt even load unless within 650 or so yards, and on the lowest setting its only around 480. It may still be possible to make it look alright if putting the artificial panorama that far away, if its ok for it to not show up further inland.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: June 13th, 2020, 12:36 pm Dan its not going to show up in Links unless you're within 1000 yards of the edge. Ok I just doublechecked, and it seems like its more like 1300 yards on the highest setting. If the graphics slider by the middle (setting 4 out of 6) terrain doesnt even load unless within 650 or so yards, and on the lowest setting its only around 480. It may still be possible to make it look alright if putting the artificial panorama that far away, if its ok for it to not show up further inland.
Thanks Adelade. There will be no plantings over there. Just screen captured texture. That's why I'm experimenting. It's a good chance to find out what we can get away with. I might also be able to move the land closer to the other other shore. It looks pretty far away as it is. I'll learn more when I create a hole and load it in Links. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Danny D wrote: June 13th, 2020, 2:14 pmThere will be no plantings over there. Just screen captured texture.
Maybe you know, but just to clarify - its faces/texture Im talking about.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: June 13th, 2020, 2:27 pm
Danny D wrote: June 13th, 2020, 2:14 pmThere will be no plantings over there. Just screen captured texture.
Maybe you know, but just to clarify - its faces/texture Im talking about.
Yes, I knew what you were referring to when you first mentioned it. Just wanted to clarify that I had no intention of planting anything across the lake.

You made a good call on the disappearing textures. It looked good from about 500 yards deep into the course, but then sections of it would start disappearing as I got farther away, leaving large missing gaps. By the time I got to the back of the course, (about 2200 yards away) none of it showed up at all. :sad: Now I'll try creating a PANO like alarduran suggested using Google Maps.

Another thing is that reflective water isn't going to work out for that lake. It's just entirely too big. Even in real life photo's and videos, the water is really choppy with big waves.

Dan
Completed Courses
chad

Post by chad »

Just tell me what you need, Dan. We can work through PMs and emails. :thumbup:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

chad wrote: June 14th, 2020, 11:09 pm Just tell me what you need, Dan. We can work through PMs and emails. :thumbup:
I'll let you know if I come up with anything. I'm just getting started with it, so it may be a while before I know. Thank you very much for the offer. :tiphat:

Dan
Completed Courses
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

If you check with AJ he might let you use his boat. :laugh:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Wow! I didn't know what an awesome course this really was until I found some detailed video's and flyovers. This place is really nice. Hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew. Check out these pages if you have time...

Be sure and watch the videos in full screen mode.
https://vimeo.com/144556890

Hole descriptions and flyovers
https://www.cdaresort.com/play/golf/hole-by-hole

Dan :cheers1:

Note to Jimbo... I will be building the "Putter". :smile: And that multi-story condo complex. I saw an ad for the condo's that are available. They cost between 3.6 and 3.9 million each. :scared: But they toss in free golf with them, so all is good. :yes: :laugh:
Completed Courses
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

First class job on those previews!

Pete