Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Danny D

Re: Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Post by Danny D »

FOOOOORE! wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:34 am Most important of all, will there be an actual boat we can get in to cross over to the floating green?

j/k - good luck with it, a very ambitious project. Isn't is strange how blurry that green is in Google Earth? I kept waiting for more detail to be filled in, but it never came (probably the green was moving around at the time). I notice from some of the actual photos there is a fair bit of haze along that far shoreline, to be expected at that distance. That should take a bit of the onus off level of detail?
Yes, there will be a boat, but you won't be able to ride in it. :tongue: Oddly enough, the floating green isn't in 3D. It's a flat photo sitting on top of the lake. But I found a pretty good photo that I can work from to get it close to real, hopefully. :whistle: Should I place the boat out in the lake like shown in this picture, as if the group in front of you are coming back to land? :unsure:
Attachments
floating green and boat.jpg
floating green and boat.jpg (280.75 KiB) Viewed 4638 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

FOOOOORE! wrote: July 1st, 2020, 6:34 am Should I place the boat out in the lake like shown in this picture, as if the group in front of you are coming back to land? :unsure:
Yes! That would be cool!
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Danny D wrote: July 1st, 2020, 7:41 am Should I place the boat out in the lake like shown in this picture, as if the group in front of you are coming back to land? :unsure:
Only if we're allowed to hit the boat. It looks beautiful there, I just need a few million bucks to buy a condo.
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

FOOOOORE! wrote: July 1st, 2020, 2:58 pm
Danny D wrote: July 1st, 2020, 7:41 am Should I place the boat out in the lake like shown in this picture, as if the group in front of you are coming back to land? :unsure:
Only if we're allowed to hit the boat. It looks beautiful there, I just need a few million bucks to buy a condo.
sure during SUMMER TIME but i don't want to be anywhere near it during WINTER
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I've lived in Canada most of my life, so I'm used to winter. But I said "used to", not "lovin' it" :laugh: I wonder what they do with that green, tow it to shore?
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

FOOOOORE! wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 1:44 am I've lived in Canada most of my life, so I'm used to winter. But I said "used to", not "lovin' it" :laugh: I wonder what they do with that green, tow it to shore?
It's built on a barge and has a one-of-a-kind special built motorized cable system in a room under it that moves the green to it's different positions. I'm pretty sure it's limited in it's travel length. There's a video about it on their web site that shows the mechanism and cable system. It's quite a feat, and the only one if it's kind in the world. And FOOOOORE, there are (last time I looked) 4 condos available in the tall building that range between 3.4 and 4.2 million each. :whistle: But WOW! Those places are INCREDIBLE!

Check this out... :smile: https://www.zillow.com/b/2051-s-island- ... id-9TKwpy/
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

SLucey wrote: July 1st, 2020, 2:40 am Danny, you have a PM.
Bad news SLucey. I spoke with a StrackaLine rep today about Mauna Kea, and they don't have Green Contour maps for it. The only thing they have available for it is yardage books. Sorry. :sad:

Dan
Completed Courses
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Danny D wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:35 am But WOW! Those places are INCREDIBLE!
Check this out... :smile: https://www.zillow.com/b/2051-s-island- ... id-9TKwpy/
You're right, they look like something a pro golfer would own. Definitely worth the money, if one happened to have that money. Interesting re the green, I wonder how far they can tow it out, that would be pretty intimidating at 200 yards. You wouldn't want to hit a long iron with lots of roll after landing. I guess if you knew the min & max distances, you could make tee boxes to simulate those distances? (Scratch that idea, after seeing the overhead view, even the tee area is on a little peninsula, with not much free space behind it; it probably doesn't very much in total distance anyway). Those condos must be at least 3-4,000 sqft. I'm living in the Philippines now, btw, no winter, but 35-37C every single day).
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

"35-37C every single day" ???????????
can you tell us what that is in "freedom" units :rofl:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

For those of you that are interested, here's a 6 minute video about the floating green at Coeur d'Alene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7amdWpYSIk

Dan
Completed Courses