Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
chad

Re: Coeur d'Alene Golf Course

Post by chad »

Hi Danny,
Just checking back to see how things are progressing with this course. :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

chad wrote: June 20th, 2021, 4:16 pm Hi Danny,
Just checking back to see how things are progressing with this course. :cheers1:
Hi Chad. No progress at this time. I have finished all of my chemo treatments, and am waiting for the blurred vision to settle down. As soon as it returns to close to normal, I will get back to work on CDL.

:cheers1: Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

Danny D wrote: June 21st, 2021, 5:10 am
chad wrote: June 20th, 2021, 4:16 pm Hi Danny,
Hi Chad. No progress at this time. I have finished all of my chemo treatments, and am waiting for the blurred vision to settle down. As soon as it returns to close to normal, I will get back to work on CDL.

:cheers1: Dan
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Hi Danny-as we said earlier health means everything and your first loyalty is to you and your family.
Our prayers and best wishes go to you and your family!
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 4:19 am Hi Danny-as we said earlier health means everything and your first loyalty is to you and your family.
Our prayers and best wishes go to you and your family!
Thanks Jimbo. The prayers and support are always appreciated. :thumbup: Things are moving kinda slow, but so far they are moving in the right direction. :smile:

Best wishes,

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
chad

Post by chad »

Get well Danny and thanks for the update :cheers1:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

chad wrote: June 13th, 2020, 3:52 am Hey Dan,
I live about 25 or so miles from the course. I might be able to help on occasion. :thumbup:
Hi Chad! :tiphat:

Got a question for you regarding Coeur d'Alene. I've been trying to get back to work on it. My vision has gotten a little better now that the chemo and steroids are finally wearing off. I'm working on the tenth hole, and have a question for you. All I have to go by are Google Earth views, and there is a structure beside the back tee box that looks like it's made of bushes or hedges. There's a small path leading up to it from behind. It appears to be a stairway to get up to the teebox, but the way it looks on Google Earth, it's a really odd-shaped structure that don't make sense to me. I've looked at it as close as possible and I simply cannot make out what it is. At this point I'm not even sure if I should add it to the course. I don't know what to build. :dunno: Since you have been there, can you tell me what it is? Or even better, would it be possible for you to perhaps go by there and take some photographs or video's of it so I can know how to replicate it? :bookh:

Here is the teebox location.
47°39'49.66" N 116°45'11.64" W
Paste this into the Google Earth Search window and it will take you to it. Let me know what you think...

Thanks Chad! :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

If Chad doesnt know or cant get there, someone who owns PGA 2k21 and still cares for Links may be able to help and check out how the area was made in that other game. It is not certain they got the area "correct" there of course, but could be worth checking out. I've actually been thinking for a while about asking if someone who owns PGA 2k21 would be down to help me with some similar things for my planned future updates of Chicago, Austin, Chambers Bay (and perhaps some other ones) - if anyone like that is interested in how those courses turn out for Links feel free to contact me.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Ian Wells

Post by Ian Wells »

Dan,
I have attached three images I have taken from the Goole Earth app on my Ipad.
Image-1.jpg
Image-1.jpg (287.24 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
Image-2.jpg
Image-2.jpg (342.2 KiB) Viewed 3239 times
Image-3.jpg
Image-3.jpg (370.48 KiB) Viewed 3239 times

It looks very strange. Sometype of bunker? I will be interested in the answer.
Good luck.
Ian
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Ian Wells wrote: July 6th, 2021, 12:15 pm Dan,
I have attached three images I have taken from the Goole Earth app on my Ipad.

It looks very strange. Sometype of bunker? I will be interested in the answer.
Good luck.
Ian
Thanks Ian. I can see it in my Google Earth as clearly as those pics, but I still don't know what it is and hesitate to even build it. I don't think it's a stairway because there's no exit at the top. I'm wondering if it's some type of an underground entrance to something. Perhaps a pump house or something of that nature. It's really not in play or clearly visible from the playing area. :dunno:

Dan
Completed Courses