Any fictional courses with a floating green?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Duglis

Any fictional courses with a floating green?

Post by Duglis »

Hi,
No one has recreated Coeur d'Alene with its floating green. I'm just wondering, then, if there are any fictional courses out there with such a thing?
Does anyone know?

be well!

-Doug
Danny D

Re: Any fictional courses with a floating green?

Post by Danny D »

Duglis wrote: June 11th, 2020, 7:47 am Hi,
No one has recreated Coeur d'Alene with its floating green. I'm just wondering, then, if there are any fictional courses out there with such a thing?
Does anyone know?

be well!

-Doug
I have taken a good serious look at Coeur d'Alene. It has too many surrounding buildings to create, and a PANO would be extremely difficult to make on it. It would be really hard to do it the justice it would deserve. :unsure:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Danny D wrote: June 11th, 2020, 10:56 am
Does anyone know?

be well!

-Doug
I have taken a good serious look at Coeur d'Alene. It has too many surrounding buildings to create, and a PANO would be extremely difficult to make on it. It would be really hard to do it the justice it would deserve. :unsure:
Sorry to hear that. Perhaps someone else.......? or a fictional course with a floating green?
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

Does anyone know?

be well!

-Doug

:thumbup: :thumbup: THIS ^^^^^^^^^^(and many other reasons) is why A LOT of "real" course(s) are NOT done for links and why ficitional + imaginary courses outnumber "real" course(s) on the courses download page; some course(s) just have "way too much" going on either on the course itself or in the surrounding area.......i'm no "expert" in APCD work but i would be comfortable saying that " doing it justice" would probably be at min. 6-12 months of work and be would a file size over 200 mb and while thats not an issuse for the site admins it could be an issuse for people who may or may not have data caps as part of their isp contract also there is the fact that other golf franchises have already done this course so ......"there is that"
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

woody4077 wrote: June 12th, 2020, 5:10 am
Does anyone know?

be well!

-Doug

:thumbup: :thumbup: THIS ^^^^^^^^^^(and many other reasons) is why A LOT of "real" course(s) are NOT done for links and why ficitional + imaginary courses outnumber "real" course(s) on the courses download page; some course(s) just have "way too much" going on either on the course itself or in the surrounding area.......i'm no "expert" in APCD work but i would be comfortable saying that " doing it justice" would probably be at min. 6-12 months of work and be would a file size over 200 mb and while thats not an issuse for the site admins it could be an issuse for people who may or may not have data caps as part of their isp contract also there is the fact that other golf franchises have already done this course so ......"there is that"
You are right Woody. My feelings on the subject is that when we do real courses, if the surroundings aren't there, its hard to determine it's the real thing. The surroundings make it seem more realistic and it helps put your mind in the right place. Imagine playing Pebble Beach without the ocean, or Banff without the cliffs. :whistle: Some courses can be worked around, while others are pretty much impossible with the limitations of the APCD. It would be great if we could get the APCD upgraded to something more versatile. :yes:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Maybe I'm weird (I've been called worse :yes: ) but I love those "extras" almost as much as the actual course.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Doug,

Does Space Adventure give you what you are looking for?
https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=499
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Infamous Golf Course 2007 – fixed, fits the bill, as well.

https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=1807
Duglis

Post by Duglis »

Thanks Paul, I'll give them a try!!
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Doug,

Sorry I can’t think of anymore someone else at Links Corner might be aware of more, hope you like them.