Xilver Retreat

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Paul44

Xilver Retreat

Post by Paul44 »

Does anyone have Xilver Retreat course?
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
FOOOOORE!

Re: Xilver Retreat

Post by FOOOOORE! »

I've never heard of this course, not even back when the other two Xilver's were released.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Paul44 wrote: June 11th, 2020, 6:34 pm See this link.

http://xilverdesigns.20m.com/photo.html
According to the link, it's a new project (but how old is that link?). Was it ever finished?
No matter where you go, there you are.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

I was wondering if anyone has any version of this Course, even a Beta?
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

GoBucks wrote: June 12th, 2020, 12:16 pm According to the link, it's a new project (but how old is that link?). Was it ever finished?
I notice it isn't listed in that new Excel spreadsheet file.
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Rick Weathers wrote this in title about a couple of courses that he had been working on, "I'm working on a very extensive rework of Xilver Prairie. It and Xilver Retreat should be completed by the end of the year."

That time period was around 2005. Note the heading in blue print at top,
"A course I've started and restarted. I may just complete it. No name at this point, but I'm considering "Xilver Retreat". He also mentioned just having finished Xilver Plaine 2005 by his writing shown setting a time frame, "As I work it up in APCD 1.1, I've assigned just the standard textures. I'll switch them with a nice set of 512s when I move it to APCD 1.5 and start seam blending. Lots of elevation changes and 3D from terrain objects. Just completed Xilver Plaine 2005 and you can find it at apcd-courses.com."

Again note this in the title where Rick Weathers wrote, "I may just complete it."

It would seem that he gave up working on Xilver Retreat and for myself I had never known about it until Xilver Retreat course subject was started here in this discussion. I did have Xilver Lagoon in addition to upgrading Xilver Plaine 2005 and Xilver Prarie 2007 when they were put out as P2P courses with hope that looked better than original 2001 type versions by the ones in 2003 and checking the newest versions were around only 60 mb each, I have just downloaded Xilver Hollow to try it out soon as somehow missed seeing it all these years.
gator

Post by gator »

If you follow the link provided by Paul44 and click on 'Pano Page' in the banner on the left, then scroll down to 'Xilver Canyon'. The description for this pano alludes to another unfinished/unreleased course that we may assume was named 'Xilver Canyon' based on Mr. Weather's proclivity for naming his panos for the courses he designed the pano for.

Several years ago, I attempted to contact Mr. Weathers via the email address listed on his site regarding these courses with no response (and no bounceback as if the address no longer existed).

It is possible that he shared his work during the design phase with other individuals who may have beta tested his courses as some of our current designers do.