Colonial CC Update...

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
AJ Allen

Re: Colonial CC Update...

Post by AJ Allen »

I'm looking forward to having a round or two on the course. :yes:

Cheers, AJ
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Hi group...

I just uploaded Colonial in time for the upcoming tournament. Dorse made some texture changes to it, but other than that it's the same course tested by the beta testers last week. Hope you enjoy the course, and good luck to those that play it in the 2020 Charles Schwab Challenge this year.

:cheers1: Dan
Colonial CC 2020.jpg
Colonial CC 2020.jpg (451.25 KiB) Viewed 3839 times
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Pete

Post by Pete »

Beautiful work, many thanks
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Glad to get this out and off my back, Dan was an AMAZING help as he did most of the work while I worked on Winged Foot. He'll chime in probably, but I believe he Stracka-contoured 3 greens, #2, #9, #11, I believe. They roll very nicely now. He also moved tees, put in his great Wakonda rough texture, and found some bugs from the last hurried revision in 2007. This wouldn't of happened without Dan's work and patience with me as I bombed him with texts! - I couldn't even remember how to do seam blends! :bookh: :rant:

I custom made the texture from TPC Craig Ranch just a few miles from my home as my boy played there in a tournament. Literally took me almost a week just to get 2 textures - the green, and fairway, and they STILL tile just a little, but i think it works once your on the ground view. I used a throw away green texture from this session for the tee box and adjusted the scale BTW. AFter all, its all bermuda on Colonial anyways, its the same grass, just mowed at different height, except for the greens, they are bentgrass. The fringe is not mine, and I'm not crazy about it, but it will work till next update.

Yardage was moved to distances I found off the PGA site, so an extra 150 yds from the back tees was added, she now is 7,204 yds. There are 4 tee boxes. Bunker behind #13 taken out also per IRL. Gil Hanse is rumored to of been hired to change up things, but that hasn't happened yet, so as soon as he does, I'll update our version.

I hope everyone enjoys it, especially for this huge year at Colonial, with all the best players there. I will be taking a couple weeks off, then back to Winged Foot West, I'm fired up about getting this monster as good as possible. fingers-crossed. I may need a new laptop by then, right Dan? hehe. :pcwhack:
Attachments
CCC splash1.jpg
CCC splash1.jpg (948.04 KiB) Viewed 3792 times
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Awesome job on this course by you guys!

Pete
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Excited to get a round or two in here!! Congrats guys!
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I agree with the previous posts....Dan and Eric, you did a really great job with Colonial. I'm personally kind of a 'stickler' for visual details, and
I thought the 'curbs' on the cart path by each tee box was a nice touch. As well as the brick walkways and portions of cart path near the clubhouse.
It really looks and plays like the well manicured, high-end, Private club that it is. I'm sure I'll play it often.

Thanks
billw

Post by billw »

Great job on Colonial,guys. So nice to get rid of those old cluttered up pin locations.
billw
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Thanks for the kind words guys. And Eric is still using an old laptop with Vista. :scared: Yes, a new laptop would be a big plus for you Eric. I hope you get one that works well with Windows 10 and the integrated graphics issues. :smile:

An observation: Eric planted Colonial back during the days of version 1 of the APCD, and he used the 2001 planting set. On Vista he was getting an error on some of his 2D tree textures. However, no one else, including myself and the beta testers were experiencing that same error. I have a feeling this may be an instance of what Les was trying to tell us about some of the 2001 2D objects being corrupt and causing errors. If I had to make a guess, I would say it may be video driver related. Eric's older Vista system and drivers were causing an error, but Windows 7 and 10, used by the rest of us, were NOT causing any problems. If that is the case, then there may be a possibility that the corruption problem with the 2001 2D objects Les warned us about, may have solved itself with the introduction of better graphics drivers. If anyone in the future has problems with 2D objects from the 2001 planting set, please chime in and let us know. In the meantime, I may start using some of the 2001 objects on new projects. There are a lot of really nice objects in it, and it's a shame to avoid using them without know for sure they cause actually problems with today's systems. As I just mentioned, If any of you use the 2001 planting set and experience graphics problems or corruption, please let us know, and try to reproduce the problem for us to see.

Dan :cheers1:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Dan if you use the Links Extender method to create a .btx from scratch from a .tga there shouldnt be anything that'd be inherently corrupted about the graphics.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...