Aussie course, Coomealla

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
AJ Allen

Re: Aussie course, Coomealla

Post by AJ Allen »

Just sent a copy of the course to my friend in NZ, and we are playing a test round tonight. if all goes well with that (and i hope it will as I have been testing it already today) then I shouldn't be too far away for asking if anyone is keen to take the Beta for a spin? :tiphat: Still a bit more to do on the small stuff like put all the benches and ballwashers in place, and also some work on cart paths and 3D. But the bulk of it is finished!

Cheers, AJ
AJ Allen

Coomealla, testing this week?

Post by AJ Allen »

Hi folks, I was hoping I could find a few people that would like to try out Coomealla, sometime this week or over the weekend?

As it's my first course, I was a bit reluctant to just upload it for general downloading, maybe next time eh. :tongue: At the moment I am doing the smaller general cosmetic work, that seems to take longer than the main constuction. Adding in the bare wash areas and sandpatches, things like that. You can see the sort of thing I mean in the 2 screenshots.

Have played a number of rounds, also with my Links playing friend, and we have found no major issues. Fixed up a few countours on the greens, tweaked fairways and things like that. But there has been no playability problems that we can find.

Anyway, if you want to try it out, just send me a PM. I have tried to get the feeling of outback rural Australia, so it is very different than the manicured PGA type courses. Hopefully, still fun to play though. I have taken a bit of licence with the course as it is in real life. Back tees have been added which takes the length out to over 7000 yards. Also with green contours... instead of steep back to front slopes I have added tiering to make them more playable on faster speeds.

Cheers,AJ
Attachments
Sandy patches with a mob of Kangaroos
Sandy patches with a mob of Kangaroos
CM2.jpg (430 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
Example of sandy patches in the waste areas
Example of sandy patches in the waste areas
CM1.jpg (417.34 KiB) Viewed 4539 times
Kunkleman

Post by Kunkleman »

Looks like it will be a real 'winner'. So different. Hard to believe this is your first course design. Congratulations. :thumbup:
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Here is a link to Camden Hills CC Sydney, by Robert Pitty, now discontinued at Links Corner, not many Australian courses at Links course.

https://mega.nz/file/Q4Rl2AIT#bazwrDtpJ ... AtdG4Dkq7k
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I like the way that you planted growth at the bottom of the trees.
Mr Mulligan

Post by Mr Mulligan »

Jimbo wrote: June 14th, 2020, 9:35 am I like the way that you planted growth at the bottom of the trees.
:yes: Ditto
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I didn't find any errors, AJ, but I did enjoy the looks of the course and it's plantings.

Pete
AJ Allen

Post by AJ Allen »

pmgolf wrote: June 15th, 2020, 2:05 am I didn't find any errors, AJ, but I did enjoy the looks of the course and it's plantings.

Pete
It's had a heck of a lot done to it since you saw the course Pete. Improvements with greens, tees, bunkering etc. Here's a look at the new fairway bunkers on the 15th. They aren't actually on the real course but that area was just crying out for them, and I couldn't resist! :cheers1:

Cheers, AJ
Attachments
New bunkering
New bunkering
CM-15th.jpg (471.43 KiB) Viewed 4349 times
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Wow, AJ! That looks fantastic!

Pete
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

Happened to notice this course today, glad I found it. Enjoyed my round, thank you! Hope you make another AJ.

Are there any other (APCD/Links) Real-Australia courses that you or anyone can recommend? Of course I have Royal Melbourne (there are 6 listed here: https://linkscorner.org/courses/index.p ... +Melbourne, which to choose?), but what others could I download?

p.s.,
The Hole Preview for #10 on Coomealla advertises that the hole is 451 meters, but that cannot be right. Perhaps you meant 351m?

Also, this must be the course:
https://www.coomeallaclub.com.au/golf-course