Seminole GC

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
dorse72

Seminole GC

Post by dorse72 »

An attempt to get some more excitement going around here with some of the old designers back into the APCD, I'm announcing my goal to finish off Seminole. I was fortunate enough to visit Seminole GC in 2012, virtually impossible to get on back in the day during the closed season - they are closed through the summer and open in Oct. It was a Monday in July I believe about 110 degrees with the humidity :scared: The superintendent let me take photos which is forbidden there, how I don't know, but I've never given them out. I took about a 1000 pics that day with the intention of building this course, which I went home and started, attached is a screenshot. I used 10' USGS topo lines and had to interpret in between there around the greens. It's far from finished - I'd call it 15-20%. I have a fascination with this course, it was an amazing day to walk the greens and study the Donals Ross design. Its not hard from tee to fairway, but it plays like a links course with hard and super fast greens that run off all over. TONS of sand everywhere. They did a massive tree removal that summer and planned to leave just the tall carribean palms blowing in the constant and steady wind. Seminole has more elevation than you would think, rising some 50' approaching holes #5,6,7, going back down to sea level through around #13, than rising some 20' up on the dunes by the ocean - #16,#17, #18 are next to the Atlantic. Ben Hogan famously practiced at Seminole in preparation for the Masters every Spring, now all of the top-tier pros participate in the Seminole pro-guest event every year, a famous event and hopefully one day will be televised.

I plan to finish this course if it kills me, and the APCD WILL KILL you BTW, it is so archaic, but its all we got unless someone like AJ comes along and improves it more - praying that happens. My APCD hole attached is #6.

Seminole GC will be featured LIVE this Sunday with DJ/Mcilroy vs Fowler/Wolfe, going to awesome! I am recording every minute. Tune in to see one of the greatest and most private courses in the world opening their doors because of the Coronavirus situation - this is all for charity, so try to donate something if you can. Wanted to let you know rest assured, this course will get out before next year's Walker Cup.

Yes, the USGA is holding the Walker Cup here next year May 8-9th, 2021. This will be anyone's only chance to see this great course in person, so get tix early if you want to go. I will be there for sure. Here are some cool shots! professional photo is by LC Lambrecht.

There is a very cool trend for the super exclusive courses to get out of the closet - ala Los Angeles CC - North with 2019 Walker Cup, Chicago GC a few yrs ago and the Senior Womens US Open, and the upcoming event at Seminole, hopefully it continues with some others, like Cypress Pt, and maybe San Francisco GC.
Attachments
gettyimages-53395013-2048x2048.jpg
gettyimages-53395013-2048x2048.jpg (1.71 MiB) Viewed 7340 times
Seminole GC copy.jpg
Seminole GC copy.jpg (2.69 MiB) Viewed 7341 times
2017-13-seminole-gc-hole-18 copy.jpg
2017-13-seminole-gc-hole-18 copy.jpg (509.45 KiB) Viewed 7341 times
Seminole GC screen.jpg
Seminole GC screen.jpg (655.29 KiB) Viewed 7340 times
Last edited by dorse72 on January 11th, 2021, 3:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pete

Re: Seminole GC this Sunday!

Post by Pete »

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Looking forward to playing this classic and very private course. Thanks dorse!
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Great news !!!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Are you interested by more palm trees ?
I have 40 more palm trees I created for my old Dorado Beach course...
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

heck yeeeaahh. :smile: thanks LeWAW
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Here is the link :smile: