Close House Colt Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Re: Close House Colt Course

Post by pmgolf »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: May 19th, 2020, 9:32 am Found a scorecard on the internet Scorecard.jpg

The very first hole there is clearly a tee box that is longer than the longest yardage on the card. The other tee boxes correspond to the yardages on the card. Could it be one used for the British Masters? Do I plant tees on all the boxes and just ignore the scorecard?

On the second hole, the yardages are spot on :dunno:
A precedent has been established by Robert Miller, Wayne Hewitt, McCoist and Mike Jones. Use the normal back tee for the scorecard back tees, but use the Ladies tees for holes with extended back tees. Players are shooting 52's from the back tees in Links now, so I can't see where anyone would need the Ladies tees for anything. Regular players would get what they want, and those looking for additional challenge would get what they want, too. I love courses that have some extended back tees - Pine Valley, Whistling Straits, Crooked CreekHD, West Coast Links, Las Joyas, Cara Brae, and Pilgrim Trails. (Can you think of a better group of designers or courses than that? :notworthy: )

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

I will look at it in more detail once I have all the tee boxes in place. In fact I may look at all those next, as its easy enough to find and texture them all, then plant pins to get distances.

It doesn't help that on some holes, the junior and ladies tee share the same distance and tee box (10 of 18 I think), but I will see what I can come up with.
Stephen Sullivan

It was going so well. Working my way backwards round the course, everything was dropping nicely into place, once I found the tee boxes on GE. Get to the 10th, which is a Par 5, and there is now way I can make the tee distances fit the scorecard. The worst issue is that the junior and ladies tees are only 380 yards and APCD won't let me plant a tee there.

I am sure I saw this mentioned elsewhere recently, but cannot remember if it got resolved :wallbash:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Im able to get Ladies and Junior tee both down to 378 yards for a par 5. It should be possible for you. Try this:

-Plant Back, Mid, Forward tees as normally (or are there issues with those too?)
-Plant junior tee temporarily anywhere distinguishable where APCD allows it.
-Plant Ladies tee at 380. It should allow it.
-Select the Junior Tee, press delete.
-Go into Course Properties > Hole Info > Select hole 10 > Press 'Add Rating(s) to Tee'
-Select the one that displays Ladies on the left. Junior should show on the right. Select Junior and press Add.
-You have now made Junior tee for hole 10 play the same as Ladies tee. Im not sure which tee marker shows up though.

I learned this method from Sodbuster.

I dont know what you chose to go with, but in case you want Junior tee to be 380 yards and Ladies tee to be further back than Back tees, I daresay there is no way to get the scorecard as you want it. You can on the other hand make the junior tee play from 380 yards while the Ladies tee is further back, only the scorecard will incorrectly show slightly longer than 380. Let me know if you want instructions for how to accomplish that. Basically it boils down to moving the defined hole path temporarily right before planting the specific tee you want to "fool" APCD with (but not the other planted tees), and then moving the defined hole path back afterwards.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Nevermind the last part about it being impossible, I was able to get Junior tee to 380 and Ladies to 479 (just an example, Im sure it can be anywhere within the extreme limits). Just same steps as before except removing Ladies from the tee rating after adding Junior to it, then re-planting Ladies somewhere else.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

Thanks for that advice. I now have the 380 yard tee planted. It's a pity the other tee boxes aren't really in the place where I can plant the other tees at the correct distance. To plant the back tee at the correct distance of 497 yards, it would have to be between the 2 visible furthest tee boxes, on a path!! :wallbash:

The only problem, is that the 380 yard tee doesn't show in the planted distances. Think I will just blaf this hole.

I've even checked that I have scaled the background correctly, and it's fine :dunno:
Stephen Sullivan

Slowly working on this. SO many roads and paths to do, so I'm alternating between those and hole verting.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (677.24 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Stephen Sullivan

I've put in the concrete foundation for the Driving Range Building visible from the 15th hole. I have this floating out in space. It's taken me a couple of hours to get to this point. I have two more windows to put in on the front and another door at the far end. There don't appear to be any doors or windows on the back side facing the hole. The front side appears to be open at all times. Not sure how to goo about showing this? May have 3 roller doors instead :tongue:
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (114.78 KiB) Viewed 4140 times
Stephen Sullivan

Finally done all the asphalt paths and roads :thumbup:

Working on the Par 3 12th hole, and I'm wondering how to approach laying it out as the fairway appears to go around the bunkers and greens to me in this view
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (250.73 KiB) Viewed 4038 times
and also in the flyover

https://vimeo.com/147704514

It's the "circle" of fairway that is throwing me, as I can tell where the light rough is from the grass paths that are coming in from the right of the picture.

Opinions and thoughts very much welcomed. I will go and vert somewhere else :tongue:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

I like that dip between the bunkers and the green, but that circle of fairway seems like it would be more for real-life players than Links players. I would need to under-club by more than a full club for it to come into play. It's nice to have the reproduction be exact, but there are things that affect real golf that don't really have any bearing in Links, and I'm inclined to leave them out.

Great flyover on that hole!

Pete