Close House Colt Course

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Stephen Sullivan

Close House Colt Course

Post by Stephen Sullivan »

Think I am going to have a go at doing this course, which our home town golfer Lee Westwood is the Attached Touring Professional.
I will try and make it as close to IRL as I can, within the constrictions of GE elevations. It may take some work as there is over 200 feet of height difference between the top of the image and the bottom :wallbash: :scared:

Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (242.41 KiB) Viewed 5537 times
LeWAW

Re: Close House Colt Course

Post by LeWAW »

If I have an advice for you, create the entire plot with predifined triangles 30x30x30, and move each points with the right elevation...
That's the only way to have something realistic...
But it will cost you an entire day of work...
Courage...
Attachments
plot.JPG
plot.JPG (438.07 KiB) Viewed 5530 times
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
Stephen Sullivan

Cheers for that advice.

I'm doing it the way Lez suggests and start with very few verts and add them gradually over the whole course, until it's as accurate as I can get. It may not be perfect, but it should be near enough.

Fortunately I find vert placing very therapeuatic :rofl:
Stephen Sullivan

Could be an interesting build, as the overhead and GE doesn't show the water very clearly on all holes.

May have to watch these a lot https://closehouse.com/course-flyovers/
Stephen Sullivan

Very slow progress so far. Concentrating on the area around the 5th and 9th tees at the moment, as there are 2 ditches (dry in photos I've seen) that go into the pond on the 9th, and one that leaves it. I've managed to do the shortest one so far that enters on the left of the pictures. There's a much longer on that works its way up the course :wallbash: Here are a couple of shots of the work.
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (466.58 KiB) Viewed 5411 times
Untitled-2.jpg
Untitled-2.jpg (151.76 KiB) Viewed 5411 times
I think it's worth getting this area done as it seems to anchor that whole part of the course :pcwhack:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Stephen Sullivan wrote: May 10th, 2020, 8:12 pm Could be an interesting build, as the overhead and GE doesn't show the water very clearly on all holes.

May have to watch these a lot https://closehouse.com/course-flyovers/
Great drone flyovers! They sure must help with the details!

Pete
Stephen Sullivan

Still working away. As the clubhouse is hidden away behind a whole load of trees and doesn't appear to be visible from anywhere, I'm not going to build it.

I may have to attempt the driving range buildings though, as they run right by the 15th hole
PGA-Golf-Academy-1024x644.jpg
PGA-Golf-Academy-1024x644.jpg (154.61 KiB) Viewed 5351 times
Stephen Sullivan

Found a scorecard on the internet
Scorecard.jpg
Scorecard.jpg (267.12 KiB) Viewed 5304 times
The very first hole there is clearly a tee box that is longer than the longest yardage on the card. The other tee boxes correspond to the yardages on the card. Could it be one used for the British Masters? Do I plant tees on all the boxes and just ignore the scorecard?

On the second hole, the yardages are spot on :dunno:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Looks like at least a couple other holes also have the same thing (18th, 6th). I would think its a shame if the furthest ones cant be used in Links since those seem to be in yards right? But not my course not my decision, others might want the scorecard as it is. Perhaps one of the shorter tee sets that otherwise probably almost no one plays anyway in Links, could be skipped in favor of allowing for a 'British Masters' tee set?
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Stephen Sullivan

I think I will see what happens when I plant the other tee areas. I am coming to the conclusion it will be my version of the course, like I did with Worksop Gorselands and Lindrick Dale.

I know now why I prefer "Fictional" courses :laugh: