Lambton Golf and Country Club

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Jimbo

Re: Lambton Golf and Country Club

Post by Jimbo »

Jimbo wrote: June 27th, 2020, 12:13 am To my fellow Canadian Linksters-I'm looking at the Rees Jones redesign and I'm wondering if Lambton might be thinking of putting in a bid for either the Canadian Open or the CP Women's Open (the same railway whose trains run next to the course). :naughty:
In either event, tournament objects should include the Canadian flag on the 18th pin.
The other 17 flags are the sponsors' logos...there might be some legal issues about using them and sponsorships don't last forever.

For those who may not know, the "RBC" that sponsors the Canadian Open (as well as a couple of other tournaments and players) originally stood for "Royal Bank of Canada"...Canadian banks have gone out of their way to eradicate any link to Canada and have "modified" their names for the international market.

Just some last minute input before we go "live".
The same thing applies to any other Canadian course tournament (like St. George's), since the Canadian Open is the only PGA event we're likely to see up here.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I'm looking at the video and it looks like Hole 7 gives you a view of the bridge. Just chop down a couple of trees behind the green.

https://youtu.be/g4hkqTg9jms
gene_golf

Post by gene_golf »

Jimbo wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 5:23 pm I'm looking at the video and it looks like Hole 7 gives you a view of the bridge. Just chop down a couple of trees behind the green.

Color of river in video seems to be reddish brown or could say muddy waters that is different than LeWaw posted earlier that he was considering using.
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Jimbo wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 5:23 pm I'm looking at the video and it looks like Hole 7 gives you a view of the bridge. Just chop down a couple of trees behind the green.

Jimbo, for this course, I tried to create something as close to reality as possible
I've seen a lot of pictures for this hole, and never seen the bridge when we'are on the terrain :surrender:
as long as we don't play golf with a drone :laugh:
CIAO, LeWAW :cheers1:
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

gene_golf wrote: July 2nd, 2020, 5:36 pm
Color of river in video seems to be reddish brown or could say muddy waters that is different than LeWaw posted earlier that he was considering using.
Gene,the color of the river depends on the time when the image or film was made or the date, season etc...
All I want for this river is something photo-realistic
I spent too much time finding something decent, I never seen a perfect river texture in Links ( in close view of course ) , when the river is far, it's different.
I gave my best for this one, and I realy don't want to spend more time on it.
Sorry... :surrender: :surrender: :surrender:
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

On the 6th hole in regular play I sliced my drive into the river (unintentionally) but I was able to play from the river. That will need to be fixed.
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Jimbo wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 12:27 am On the 6th hole in regular play I sliced my drive into the river (unintentionally) but I was able to play from the river. That will need to be fixed.
Were you in the practice mode? :unsure: Water acts like regular grass in the practice mode. :smile:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Danny D wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:05 am
Jimbo wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 12:27 am On the 6th hole in regular play I sliced my drive into the river (unintentionally) but I was able to play from the river. That will need to be fixed.
Were you in the practice mode? :unsure: Water acts like regular grass in the practice mode. :smile:

Dan
No no, Jimbo is right, the old river texture was temporary,, this problem is solved now... :thumbup:
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

LeWAW wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:37 am
Danny D wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 6:05 am

Dan
No no, Jimbo is right, the old river texture was temporary,, this problem is solved now... :thumbup:
OOPS! :laugh: :thumbup:
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
LeWAW

Post by LeWAW »

Working on 3D tees now :smile:
Attachments
3dtee.JPG
3dtee.JPG (372.13 KiB) Viewed 3701 times