Pinehurst #8

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
woody4077

Re: Pinehurst #8

Post by woody4077 »

am i correct to assume that this is a "2020 version"? because i already have pinehurst #8.....it was part of the "us open at pinehurst no.2" links ls add-on course pack that was released in 1999
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

woody4077 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 4:41 am am i correct to assume that this is a "2020 version"? because i already have pinehurst #8.....it was part of the "us open at pinehurst no.2" links ls add-on course pack that was released in 1999
I'm not going to do it! No! I'm not going to say you don't need to buy a new car because you already have that Model-T in the garage! Or that you don't need to buy a computer because you already have that abacus on your desk! :nono: :laugh: Sometimes you just have to fight off these urges! :smile:

Pete
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

Thanks guys!

Stephen, great to see you back! Fictional courses are tons more fun. I have one waiting but I've jumped off this file for any number of projects so I'm going to see this one through before I pick up anything else.

Yes, this would be an updated version of that course.

From time to time I'll post a tip to help a new user to APCD out, here's one that used to be a sticky in the APCD forum.

When planting thousands of grasses, flowers or bushes the amount of objects and the shadows cast will darken the objects and textures, slow rendering times and increase the initial course load to a slow crawl if enough are planted.

How to get around this is to import a 2D object into the flower, grass, and bush objects or anything else I want to remove the top view. Make certain those highlighted boxes are checked in the image below and adjust density and dampening to your liking.

Have fun friends!
woody4077

Post by woody4077 »

pmgolf wrote: June 19th, 2020, 12:16 pm
woody4077 wrote: June 19th, 2020, 4:41 am am i correct to assume that this is a "2020 version"? because i already have pinehurst #8.....it was part of the "us open at pinehurst no.2" links ls add-on course pack that was released in 1999
I'm not going to do it! No! I'm not going to say you don't need to buy a new car because you already have that Model-T in the garage! Or that you don't need to buy a computer because you already have that abacus on your desk! :nono: :laugh: Sometimes you just have to fight off these urges! :smile:

Pete
:rofl: :rofl: