Pinehurst #8

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
EJ55

Pinehurst #8

Post by EJ55 »

Hi all,

As Yogi Berra once said " it feels like deja vu all over again", Apologies for my tardiness in not taking the time to upload the unreadable CRZ files but I do not believe a solution is to be found and I've been using my spare time getting started creating a new logo screen, new flag, new textures and I've been all in during my spare time. I made a huge rookie mistake that cost me two days.....

I measured just the Par 3 fifth as I was sizing the overhead and when I moved on to hole two the tees on the first and second were way off which caused me to go back and resize the overhead checking tees on all straight or straightish holes for verification. I'm back in business.

The course is a long way from completion because of my spare time but I'll update on my progress as I make it.

The course overhead I was pleased that some holes weren't off as much as I thought although shapes will need refinement.

Saturday the Greenslopes booklet I purchased come to the house and I added the first green today and found it as simple as can be, the lines are 3 inches difference in depth. It's enjoyable to know it's very reliable greens.

Here's a pic of the new textures I've been working on, they may be similar in color to the old because that's what I like to see on these Mid-Atlantic pine forested courses, not to mention I like bright greens like the sun is shining..... I hope to create a planting set this week and plant holes and play it as I go.
Adelade

Re: Pinehurst #8

Post by Adelade »

Wonderful to see :smile: Textures are to die for!
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

EJ, did you scan the greenslopes green in, or is there some other method to convert it to digital that I'm not aware of? Thanks!

Pete
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

pmgolf wrote: May 4th, 2020, 12:07 pm EJ, did you scan the greenslopes green in, or is there some other method to convert it to digital that I'm not aware of? Thanks!

Pete
LOL Pete,

I was planning on scanning but my printer system went kaput, I found out getting a desirable new printer isn't easy with many working from home at the present time. Supposedly, a new printer is to be delivered today.

I took a number of pictures by my phone camera, they were sent to email and the best one converted to TGA form. My phone camera picked it up really well but the (highest) darkest blues green area, the depth line isn't the easiest to see which could be my eyes.

Thanks guys! :smile:
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Magnificent, Eddie. :notworthy: :clapping: :thumbup:
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

Fantastic Eddie, great job. Love seeing guys create their own textures and not using others. I'm in the process of creating new textures for Winged Foot. Can I see some more of the rough and fringe areas? your courses are bermuda I'm pretty sure, as they are here in Dallas, which has a lighter, lime color to it. The northern courses have more of a Bluegrass blend, which is darker like Winged Foot, which I'm trying to match. :thumbup: :clapping:
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Yup another great rendition in the works Eddie. Thanks for your work!
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Eddie,
Looks like things are shaping up nicely on you new update of #8. I've been anticipating this one for quite awhile. Thanks for taking it on !

Ron 'Weeler' Weel
EJ55

Post by EJ55 »

dorse72 wrote: May 4th, 2020, 2:17 pm Fantastic Eddie, great job. Love seeing guys create their own textures and not using others. I'm in the process of creating new textures for Winged Foot. Can I see some more of the rough and fringe areas? your courses are bermuda I'm pretty sure, as they are here in Dallas, which has a lighter, lime color to it. The northern courses have more of a Bluegrass blend, which is darker like Winged Foot, which I'm trying to match. :thumbup: :clapping:

Please don't think I'm blowing you off Eric.

I have a number of people & tasks needing my time, not that I mind.

That rough texture is sized down to 512 from my original 1024, my free time has been spent working on the file, bear with me a few more days and I'll post some shots with 1024.
Obi Wan Kenobi

Post by Obi Wan Kenobi »

Congratulations! If my eyes and the captures doesn't cheating me, your textures looks perfect!
I see your grass has not that horrible frame spots repeating to infinite that sometimes appears when you
use a texture that has not "flat" color gradients and set it together... GREAT!

BTW, since some time ago, i've been thinking about to create a grass texture pack, especially for designers since
i'm new over here and doesn't have the APCD skills, but some years ago I use to create stadiums for Pro Evolution Soccer
PC game and i'm still have A BOUNCH of especial experiments I've done with any kind of grass that you could amagine, green
green-dark, green-dried with mud spots, even snowy, anything...

Maybe it is not the right place for this but I know all designers pass through here so, would be great for me to start
planning and ordering my tries and ideas, if some of you could tell me the specs of the grass textures do you use in APCD, I mean
format, size, anything that help me to avoid incompatibilities and/or problems within APCD or links... Anyway and once again,
congratulations for give attemption to the details, that is massive and for such nice work!

Cheers and may the PNGs be with you! :thumbup:
"Was it love, or was it the idea of being in love?
or was it the hand of fate that seemed to fit just like a glove?"