East Lake

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
braden1308

Re: East Lake

Post by braden1308 »

Glad you like it
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Excited to try this! Downloading now and will try to pass along some thoughts within a couple days.
dorse72

Post by dorse72 »

awesome having Glen back in the fold :cheers1:
guitarget2019

Post by guitarget2019 »

:clapping: :cheers1: :thumbup:
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Really great looking course, however it's not very playable because of severe pins. What a shame!

Pete
Pete

Post by Pete »

Second round Champ mode all pins set to difficult breezy firm fast 67, 5 birdies no bogeys, great work Glenn
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

pmgolf wrote: April 28th, 2020, 12:07 pm Really great looking course, however it's not very playable because of severe pins. What a shame!

Pete
You really need to stay under the pins and putt up at them. The four difficult pins are where last years tour championship pins were placed and the other eight were placed in the most accessible places on the greens. These are the real East Lake greens but unfortunately I have no idea where they plant pins for the members.

Glenn
sodbuster

Post by sodbuster »

I played a round in real time swing, firm (challenging), fast (challenging), difficult pins and thought the greens and pin placements were tough but fair. Great job on the course Glenn! :tiphat:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Did a little bit of practice mode sightseeing.

-It feels like the "Rough" plays as deep rough, which may be confusing since there are other areas that are called "Deep Grass" and because there is "Rough" in the fairway-1stcut blend.
-Perhaps you already know but the 5th hole only has 1 single pin unlike the other holes.

I think I saw a decent amount of green areas with kinder slopes without pins.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to say that it looks wonderful :smile: I remember the old version was monstrously long from the back tees, cant wait to see if I will have to use the mid or forward tees for the tournament version :laugh:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Adelade wrote: April 28th, 2020, 3:26 pm Did a little bit of practice mode sightseeing.

-It feels like the "Rough" plays as deep rough, which may be confusing since there are other areas that are called "Deep Grass" and because there is "Rough" in the fairway-1stcut blend.
-Perhaps you already know but the 5th hole only has 1 single pin unlike the other holes.

I think I saw a decent amount of green areas with kinder slopes without pins.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to say that it looks wonderful :smile: I remember the old version was monstrously long from the back tees, cant wait to see if I will have to use the mid or forward tees for the tournament version :laugh:
Once this version is sorted out there will be a tournament version. I think the tournament course plays about 500 yards or so longer