East Lake

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Re: East Lake

Post by Weeler »

Glenn...the final edition of East Lake looks really great. Good job with selecting some new textures for the tee areas and the rough around
the bunkers. Also...nice detail on the clubhouse as well! I'm glad you chose to create this course as an addition to the LINKS library. Now that
you're back on the APCD, what are your thoughts on your next projects?

Thanks again for your work......

Ron
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Pete and Ron. To answer your question Ron about whats next I have a version of Atlanta Athletic Club started plus an upgrade of TPC Scottsdale that Eric Dorsey started, I will probably finish the TPC course before AAC so those are my plans for now.

Thanks,
Glenn
sodbuster

Post by sodbuster »

Great work Glenn! :clapping:
chad

Post by chad »

Yes, a great course Glen! :cheers1:
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Great work Glenn!
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Glenn-fantastic job...maybe a couple of holes where the trees looked a little "uniform", but that's not what I look for-as you may have heard. :whistle:

Call it a "fetish but I like to see the club logo on the splash screen...I'm weird... :fear:

The clubhouse gets 9.5/10!...as I said with other courses, I have to leave some "room" for your next course...but it's gorgeous!! :clapping: :clapping:

Looking forward to more like this!
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

Thanks Jimbo :cheers1:
braden1308

Post by braden1308 »

I have finally uploaded the final of the Tour Championship edition of East Lake. As you will find out the course is a par 70 playing at 7485 yards from the back tee's. I tried to use hole yardages from each day to plant tee's but some of the days the hole yardage was either the same yardage or only one to three yards different so some holes will only have two yardage options and some have four. Also the four difficult pin positions are the positions used during the tournament, you can see them on pgatour.com, they are listed by round. I hope those of you that like tournament courses enjoy this rendition, it was a fun course to make.

Glenn
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

I played a round on the tournament version at Mc/Mc Forward tees and sort of random pins. I didnt have that high expectations simply because from the 2012 beta version I remember thinking the layout was mostly just a really long, unexciting and difficult chore (even from its Mid tees), but now it felt nothing like that. I thought it was a really beautiful course with plenty of interesting golf and a few exquisite holes. I did hit 75% fairways (which is pretty high for me) so that surely helped in appreciating the course, but still.

I encountered one rather impactful flaw: On the 6th green there were spectators all over the back half of the green! And for some reason they didnt move away either! On my 10-foot birdieputt, this one guy stood right in front of me, fully blocking sight of the cup, grinning gleefully straight in my face. I mostly just thought it was funny (may have had something to do with me sinking the putt) but still, I wouldnt say its a viable option to use crowds for this course because of this. I think crowd placement looked a little odd on 2nd hole too.

All in all, for now I will put this course quite high on my all-time list. Thank you SO much for making it :smile: With mid textures reducing tiling on rough and fairways, and the last 6 pins utilized for some more realistic pin options, it probably even would have made it into my top 20, but I dont mean to complain. Its a wonderful creation :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
rolle

Post by rolle »

is this East Lake in Georgia?
thank you
RTS Elite

Rounds played: 4536
Courses played: 798