Coming Soon-ish: Country Club of Harrisburg 2024

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
pmgolf

Re: Coming Soon-ish: Country Club of Harrisburg 2024

Post by pmgolf »

Fantastic course - a great, varied set of holes, nice textures, good shot values, smooth blending of everything together. One of the nicest looking tiered greens on 17 that I've ever seen. One that will stay on my hard drive, and one that I will use for a tournament at LSPN every year!

If I had to mention one thing it would be the impression #10 made on me when I first viewed it. Maybe it was the sharp angles of the cart path together with the strangish-looking tee just to the left, but all those angles and things just didn't seem to fit in as well as all the other holes did. It's hard to put my finger on it, though.

Amazing work!
Pete
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Thanks Pete, really glad you liked it! :cheers1:

The cart paths are on a list of ~10 big things and 20 small things to take care of before the final release, so I will tighten that plus some other things up in the next few weeks before a final release.
Pete

Post by Pete »

Fine Work Ben, I noticed some bunker edges bunker right of 4th green but your probably aware of that anyway, Have you thought of releasing two versions, as is & your US Open version its becoming quite popular to do that & players would probably prefer it, bunker left of 4th fairway not playing as sand, a few concrete trees about, congrats on some great work & thanks
Regards
Pete
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I can see why you enjoyed playing this course IRL. It's a really nice layout, and it's an excellent rendition on APCD for Links! I concur with all the
comments already posted here. I also want to mention the great 3D work on the clubhouse AND the pool area. I thinks this the first course in my
collection with a visible pool. Doesn't have anything to do with golf, but it sure adds to the realism.

Once again, great work.......and I'll look forward to any other projects you're working on.

Ron
Fatmouth Jones

Post by Fatmouth Jones »

Great job Ben! Had a blast playing playing my round.Just make sure the hole previews note not to be long on hole #6,just saying...
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Thanks everyone for the kind comments! I'm excited to finish this guy up :-) I didn't really want to do the pool or clubhouse, but since they are in view and in-play on 9 and 18 I figured I should :dunno:. Glad I did as they ended up looking pretty good!

I haven't started on hole previews, but they are essential given the blind shots and local knowledge that can really help. But "Don't Be Long" on your approach is a good rule of thumb for almost every hole there. Or, particularly: 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, and 18 haha.

At this point, I am looking at doing a "tournament version" of the course. Is there a reason this is often done in a second release? I'd prefer to bundle all into one with tournament objects if people want to play with it, but curious if there's reason for two different crzs.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

bmumma wrote: May 19th, 2020, 8:16 pmAt this point, I am looking at doing a "tournament version" of the course. Is there a reason this is often done in a second release? I'd prefer to bundle all into one with tournament objects if people want to play with it, but curious if there's reason for two different crzs.
Some designers have chosen to make galleries and other tournament objects from custom 3D rather than actual Objects, so that can be one reason. Another would be having deep rough areas instead of standard rough, or perhaps even narrower fairways. But usually I believe its mostly to keep scorecards/tee positions different.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Got it, thanks Adelade! I think I may take the easy way out on that and do one version with the 2d tourney objects; the course is already made to a tournament setup, though I could consider adding some patches of deep rough as well.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Any updates? :smile: (Ben did you see my email from my beta testing long ago by the way?)
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

bmumma: Check your PM's please, Thanks !

Ben....again, check your PM's , if you would. Maybe before releasing FINAL of CC of Harrisburg. Thanks !