Coming Soon-ish: Country Club of Harrisburg 2024

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
bmumma

Re: Coming Soon-ish: Country Club of Harrisburg 2024

Post by bmumma »

Ah, it'll most definitely need the pool! Fun fact: I one time made par to push the hole in a round of Wolf when my third shot (on a par 4) involved hitting directly over the swimming pool. It was the classic:
1. Huge Slice
2. Shank
3. Terrified wedge over crowded swimming pool
4. Drained 40-foot putt
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Just an update here - I'm done with seam blending on 17 holes, so this thing is getting fairly close! I do need to do some 3d work around the clubhouse and pool areas as they are material to the course. But I did want to share a view of the revamped 3rd hole:
screen0148.jpg
screen0148.jpg (558.99 KiB) Viewed 4151 times
While this is a ~350 yard par 4 on the real course, I've added a back tee on the far edge of the driving range in order to make it a pretty awesome 590-yard par 5. After landing in this area, the second shot is blind but should leave a short approach into an elevated green with trouble left and right and a strong back-to-front slope that means you should keep the ball short/under the hole.
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Looking really good! Good luck with finishing it up! I'm looking forward to bashing a ball around it.
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Thanks @72Animal!

Still making progress via play testing and some minor tweaks, but finally started on some 3d work yesterday/today. Not looking too bad for a first attempt, though I need some good window/door/wall and roof textures that I'll be digging around for!

Once I get that taken care of plus the chain link fence for the pool, parking lot, and tennis courts, this sucker should be good for a beta test. If I do say so myself, it's a blast to play :smile:
cch-3d-work.PNG
cch-3d-work.PNG (3.97 MiB) Viewed 4061 times
Pete

Post by Pete »

Looking great :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Thanks Pete! Had some good fun getting this done the other night and it looks a lot better now :-). Now just a few more tweaks

I *should* have a beta ready this weekend! If anyone is interested/willing/able, I'd love some feedback on the course before I add some finishing touches.

Hole 9 looks a lot better with fencing and a clubhouse behind it!
screen0170.jpg
screen0170.jpg (578.69 KiB) Viewed 4003 times
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Hi all - I have just uploaded a Beta of the course here to Linkscorner, so I would love any feedback from folks who give it a try! Putting feedback in this thread is fine, as is e-mailing it to: ben@mumma.co

As I note in the brief readme, Hole Previews will have to come with the final version, so even if you play without the top cam, I'd recommend using it for the first couple rounds. Other than that, should be playable up to Challenging F/F, though I also wouldn't start on F/F as you will *need* to stay below the hole.

So I hope you'll give it a try. The real-life course is absolutely one of my favorite courses on the planet, and I think with the digital renovations I've made it should be one heck of a fun round in Links!

Ben
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I would love to play the beta version what is the link to the course,Steve
GoBucks

Post by GoBucks »

Go to "Courses" above. It's between "Links Corner Home" and "Donate"
No matter where you go, there you are.
bmumma

Post by bmumma »

Yep - the link is live here: https://linkscorner.org/courses/course.php?crz=2549

Enjoy!