So many courses...so much time?

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
72Animal

So many courses...so much time?

Post by 72Animal »

I apologize for the long post and the wishful thinking herein.

There are easily 40 plus courses in my APCD folder. I'm a Canuck who's been tinkering in the Course Designer for almost 20 years. Only really released 3 things though. A beta of Oak Hill, which was a full design from scratch by me. I modified Bill Bunning's Royal Lytham with some changes and a more tournament feel. A beta of Royal Liverpool, that I've worked on heavily lately. Well, got a bunch of time on my hands and figure I'm going to try to release a few more things of the 40 lying on my hard drive.

I've been in the designer lots the last few months so here's some stuff I hope to get out because they're SO close: Royal Liverpool, Hamilton CC, Abu Dhabi GC, Atlanta Athletic Club and Durban CC. These three are probably release-able right now as Betas. I'd like to finish some things like the hole previews, add some crowds, test some pins and release them as finished products. Atlanta might need a 3d clubhouse first though.

The next few that are in good shape but still need work are St-George's (not the Royal one, needs some shaping and planting but a 3d clubhouse is roughed in), Cabot Links (NS Canada), Sheshan GC, Royal Portrush and Muirfield (the Scottish one). Then I've got a bunch of ones that are updates of other people's work: a more tournamen-tish TPC Scottsdale with stadium 16th hole (3 decks of fans), Southern Hills with its redesign, a Turnberry with its redesign, Medinah Ryder Cup version, Bellerive. Then there's a ton of other stuff in various states of construction. It may be meshed and elevated or just meshed in: Cabot Cliffs, Royal Aberdeen, New South Wales, Pinehurst 4 (new one), Chambers Bay. It's a little bit like looking at your garage for a spring cleaning!! I'll try to post some screenshots during the next week or so for some of these. And someone tell Jimbo that I AM getting back to APCD work, since I can't go to real work!
pmgolf

Re: So many courses...so much time?

Post by pmgolf »

Welcome back, and thank you for bringing us more courses!

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Animal,

I'm working on my version of Chambers Bay at the moment......Should I give it up and let you continue with yours......No problem for me and I would love to see what you have so far.......could you link me to your Chambers Bay stuff and let me take a look anyway....?????

Thanks......

Sage..... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

Welcome back : ) I remember finding a post by you on the old forums that mentioned you had worked on Sheshan, and unsuccessfully tried to contact you to ask about that one plus one other separate topic. I currently dont feel quite ready yet to say what I want to say about them, but would love to see how Sheshan is going and ask about which method you prefer me using to contact you in the future once Im ready to do so. You can always email me at ade89lade@hotmail.com if you prefer.

Im a fan of Royal Lytham, thanks for bringing that one to us :smile: and I'll be very happy to see anything from all those other courses of yours. I think I remember checking out the Liverpool beta a while ago and thinking it has really good potential, hearing you've worked heavily on it lately makes me excited for it. Abu Dhabi sounds particularly interesting to me as well, but really all the courses you mention are interesting :thumbup: Cant wait to see the screenshots. Again welcome back
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
brooks2345

Post by brooks2345 »

Hi Adelade

I did a very shortform of both the Portrush Courses prior to last year's Open, but they're not locked and you're more than welcome to use anything you need. The heights and locations of tees, greens, fairways and bunkers are all pretty accurate.

Cheers

John Brooks
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Hi John I used your Portrush for my open last year in Career Mode. My version wasn't far along enough in planting grasses and pins to use. Thanks for that course and the many others you've offered us!

Adelade, posting here is fine with me. I haven't looked over either Sheshan or Chambers Bay in nearly a year I'm sure. I'll check both files and get back to you and Sage.

Sage, I have no problem shipping you my Chambers Bay file. If I recall I started off a LIDAR file so I had to cut part of the course off to get under the 100,000 vert limit. Also, the LIDAR file was from before the course was built when the land was still a mining site. Let me know how you'd like to receive the course file.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Animal,

The easiest way is a file transfer utility ( dropbox ) or any one like that, especially if the file is big.........your choice to choose how you want to transfer.....

sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Animal,

Or you can try emailing it........25 meg is the limit I think for most email clients.....

sagevanni2010@hotmail.com

Sage.....
72Animal

Post by 72Animal »

Well, that answers the Chambers Bay question, Sage. I just tried....and I can't open my Chambers Bay file or my backup, the APCD crashes when I try to look at them. So keep going on yours!
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Hi Animal,

You could still send the files to me and I can see if I can open them.......I could then save them and send back to you and you could see if you can open them......might be worth a try.....up to you.....