Old Head Golf Links - Old Layout-Alpha-V1.0

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
sagevanni

Old Head Golf Links - Old Layout-Alpha-V1.0

Post by sagevanni »

I am making Old Head available for open testing and review to anyone interested......

I want to make CLEAR.......

"to clarify again, I DID NOT do Old Head, nor did I touch it. John Pineda designed that WAY back in the day, about 2003 or 2004, gave it to me as he was burnt out on APCD. I never got around to touching it as it was a big job with the cliffs etc. no topo info to work off of either at the time. John was a great guy but many emails from me went unanswered, so I finally let it go."

Please email all comments to sagevannni2010@hotmail.com so I can keep track of them......

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m22b6zodqbqvn ... 0.CRZ?dl=0

Capture-1.JPG
Capture-1.JPG (118.8 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Capture-2.JPG
Capture-2.JPG (91.81 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Capture-3.JPG
Capture-3.JPG (90.62 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Capture-4.JPG
Capture-4.JPG (104.05 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Capture-5.JPG
Capture-5.JPG (89.53 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Capture-6.JPG
Capture-6.JPG (96.64 KiB) Viewed 4503 times
Thanks......Sage...... :smile:
If there is one thing ................ummmmmmmm.......I can't remember.
Pete

Re: Old Head Golf Links - Old Layout-Alpha-V1.0

Post by Pete »

Hi Sage just played one round so far, impressive job, breeze noise rather loud, looked at course website & you captured the look superbly, noticed its quite a bit longer than on the course website though
many thanks
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

sagevanni wrote: April 4th, 2020, 4:27 pm I am making Old Head available for open testing and review to anyone interested...... I want to make CLEAR.......

"to clarify again, I DID NOT do Old Head, nor did I touch it. John Pineda designed that WAY back in the day, about 2003 or 2004, gave it to me as he was burnt out on APCD. I never got around to touching it as it was a big job with the cliffs etc. no topo info to work off of either at the time. John was a great guy but many emails from me went unanswered, so I finally let it go."

Please email all comments to sagevannni2010@hotmail.com so I can keep track of them......

Thanks......Sage...... :smile:
I don't know who made that statement inside the quote marks - you or Dorse72 - but the Alpha version looks freakin' great! It has some things that can be improved, but it's a lot more completed than I expected. I don't know who else is going to work on it, but I know that I certainly am! My main desire is to see this course completed, so if anyone else wants to work on it, let's get the best version done!

Pete
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Please email me with things missing or things that need to be added or anything.......don't just tell me " It has some things that can be improved ".
I need to know what those things are if I am to make changes........

Thanks......Sage..... :smile:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

And THANKS for the positive response so far....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sage...... :smile: :smile:
gator

Post by gator »

Sage,

Having read your previous thread (https://linkscorner.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=332) on this subject where you wrote, in part (emphasis added):
sagevanni wrote: February 28th, 2020, 5:16 pm What I need to know is this...............this course is NOT up to date per the new course layout and I am not going to update.

Do you Linksters want me to bring it to life as is...??????

Sage....... :smile:
and after checking out the course's website (https://www.oldhead.com/golf.html) which shows an absolutely gorgeous venue for a golf course, I say keep up the good work bringing the textures on this course up to current Links standards along with whatever other APCD modifications you have already accomplished or are planning. This alpha version is looking great! Thanks for sharing.
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

I'm thinking of seam blending the cart paths and road...........Do I need to do that...????? Will be a lot of tedious work......

Sage..... :dunno:
sagevanni

Post by sagevanni »

Okay,

The old days , old scorecard says.......7215 from the black tees......APCD says 7729 as built......scorecard in game says.....7121.

Am I freaking nuts.......Not gonna do anything about the yardage.......

Sage...... :dunno:
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

The in-game scorecard of the alpha says 7171 meters (not yards) from back tees, could it perhaps be that that you're referring to? Sending mail with my observations

Wow that sure is a monster course (in a good way). I bet I would want to play it from mid tees on windy. Good job so far Sage and John Pineda :cheers1:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
pmgolf

Post by pmgolf »

Sage, please don't send this course up to Andy too quickly. I'm going through it hole by hole, but I do have a lot of other stuff that's going on.

It looks like the course already has 1024 textures - fairways, tees and greens - right? They look real good. I wouldn't worry about seam blending cart paths and road.

So far I've encountered some flat greens. Any problems with raising a small group of verts a couple of inches, just to keep from having totally flat greens? Totally flat isn't very realistic. Most greens are pretty good, though. And it doesn't play like it's long. I'll watch for distance.

Nice looking course - it has atmosphere! Still working on it...

Pete