Sea Island seaside

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Pete

Sea Island seaside

Post by Pete »

Hi Steven only played one round so far but played very nicely with no problems, looking forward to finished article, thanks so much for your efforts
Adelade

Re: Sea Island seaside

Post by Adelade »

Had an enjoyable quick look-over in practice mode :thumbup:

-The bunker texture is quite tiling, it could probably be fixed with the Photoshop Gradient tool.
-On Hole 1 the Rough-Fringe seamblend seems to be missing one correct planar mapping.
-Some seamblends have sharp edges that possibly could be un-sharpened to remove some visible shadows and sharp elevations in a few places here and there.
-I like the work that has clearly been put into pins.
-However hole 8 green seems fairly unplayably tilted. On the flipside hole 15 green seemed 100% flat which perhaps isnt the worst of issues but feels unrealistic and pretty dull to putt on such greens in my opinion.
-Im not a fan of that one repetitive and insistent bird sound with sequences of 4 chirp, I recognize it from some other courses where it also annoyed me, which may accentuate the issue for me. The other bird sounds than that particular one I felt fine with.
-There are some spots with the same one tree very visibly cloned 3-4 times next to eachother, not a huge deal to me personally but I think swapping some of them would be worth it.
-Hole previews: I always get more inclined to play or re-play courses when able to see one distance marking to somewhere around target area for the teeshot since I dont use top cam and its often otherwise difficult to determine where to aim, but Im happy to just have hole previews at all.

I really like following your improvements :cheers1: I saw the texture changes to Dorado too, I think they are nice and made a big difference :thumbup:
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Pete

Post by Pete »

Plays well no problems, many thanks
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I recently downloaded the new version of the Sea Island Seaside course design by Steven Lucey and just wanted to make a few observations and suggestions as to the playability of the course. My comments are not intended to offend anyone and are merely my overall impression of the course.

First, I would like to say that this rendition of the course is a definite upgrade from the original version, which was released in 1998. I didn't realize that the 1998 version actually consisted of two different golf courses as it was explained in the course description. Just a few things I noticed while playing the course was that there seemed to be quite a few hard edges and the water did not look realistic compared to some other courses I have played in Links. I also noticed that the sound of water only played in short intervals on some holes and wondered if maybe the effect would have been more realistic to have a continuous sound of water instead.

Overall, I enjoyed playing this version of Sea Island, but just thought that some constructive criticism might be helpful.