Rolling Contoured Courses of Unpredictability

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
FOOOOORE!

Re: Rolling Contoured Courses of Unpredictability

Post by FOOOOORE! »

Yeah, that's quite the course right there! I'm sure I saw the ball "get air" on the greens when putted. They must have at least some machinery to help distinguish the greens and fairways from everything else, unless the goats and sheep are very well-trained. This is a course Danny will want to do right after he finishes Coeur D'Alene (j/k)
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
FOOOOORE!

Post by FOOOOORE! »

umanfly2boot, I assume you've played Devil's Island? That surely fits the type of course you're looking for.
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

FOOOOORE! ,
Thanks for making me aware of the fact that i missed the hardest course to play over the years .
The 2008 version makes it even more adventurous ,to say the least , in its updated version of the Great Original MS Version . :notworthy:
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Does Magnolia Lane by Andrew Jones fit the bill, let me know what you think?
See link.
http://linkscoursefiles.co.uk/C2013f/172.zip
chad

Post by chad »

I'd check out Wyntoon Club. The only flat spots on the course are the tee boxes. I find this course to be incredibly difficult to play.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Have you tried this course?

Sample 7 Course by Ron J demo (MS Links 2k1 APCD disk), see this link.
https://mega.nz/folder/cxpx3Awb#ptdLv3tGYRsWjrvp7-Nm-w

Verry Hard.
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

I have been mining this thread for courses for a while now and must say that I have really "enjoyed" playing some of the courses listed here. If it weren't for their being mentioned/recommended here, I might never have downloaded some of these.

Now, I understand that most of these courses are pretty poorly done and/or ill-conceived, but it is highly entertaining trying to navigate through the wild features in some of these. They also serve as a reminder of just how good the courses I have on my 5-star list really are (e.g., Pine Valley, Augusta, Wade Hampton, etc.)
Last edited by umanfly2boot on Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 100 times in total.
umanfly2boot, it is good to see you actively maintaining your list, would you mind adding a "new" tag or something when you add a course? It would make it easier to find that next nugget of entertainment from your list. :tongue: update: ..oh, wait, looking over the list again I see you do give an "added"/"updated" mention. Thanks!
umanfly2boot

Post by umanfly2boot »

Sure , i can do that ! ...Will Do ( Or just check back occasionally too ! :smile: )
migolfer

Post by migolfer »

There's a risk to playing some of those courses though, I recently played a round at both Africa Park and Clueless Hills. Holy smokes, Batman those were both dreadfully bad. Many/most of the holes had the default shapes that the APCD generates for you. The probably just did that, threw in a handful of water hazards, went wild with the terrain generator, and rapid clicked in a single tree all over the place and called it a day.