Dorado Beach East 2020

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Paul44

Dorado Beach East 2020

Post by Paul44 »

Andy,

I can not download this, link not working?
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Andy
Site Admin

Re: Dorado Beach East 2020

Post by Andy »

Sorry.

The filename was 2515.ZIP but should have been 2515.zip. :wallbash: As we are on a Linux server, these things matter.

Should be OK now.
I started off with nothing and I still have most of it left!
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Andy,

Got the file, thanks.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

I just downloaded Steven Lucey's new 2020 version of Dorado Beach East and started to play a full round, when right off the first tee box, something
seemed different. So, I continued playing, and hole after hole....the layout seemed at odds with the old LS version I'd played several times. So, I
decided to end the round, and I printed out both scorecards. It looks like the new beta version has the front and back 9's reversed.
Hopefully some other players out there can corroborate what I'm saying. At any rate, I'm not sure how difficult it might be to correct it....but
just an FYI.

Ron Weel
gator

Post by gator »

Ron,

I think the designer mentioned in the course notes that the nines have be flipped since the 1991 release of the Access version.
Guitarzan

Post by Guitarzan »

Thank you for your work on this Steven. Since this is a beta and you wanted feedback, right off the bat I think it needs to be re-textured. The colours are dull and lifeless and the rough looks like it's the original LS texture so things overall are blurry. I always find it hard to be critical of the hard work of others but I figured that had to be addressed.
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Thanks Gator, ( sorry Steve ), if all else fails read the course notes , right? I guess I was a little too anxious to play that I skipped over them.

Ron
1PuttJeff

Post by 1PuttJeff »

I was really glad to see that someone was interested in bringing the Dorado Beach Golf Club up to par (no pun intended), because it was always one of my favorite Links courses to play. Back in 1991, when it was first released, it was much different than previous releases and reminded me of when Access Software came out with the first desert course, which I believe was Troon North. So far, I have only played a few practice holes and the course does look much better then the original. :smile:
Duck Hook

Post by Duck Hook »

I agree with what Jeff posted above. I always wanted to see this course upgraded, well done! I look forward to playing it when I get organised...
BruMu

Post by BruMu »

Thanks very much for working on bringing this course up to date, always great to see the old courses getting reworked.

Played a couple rounds and will add the following to what's been said:

I agree, the textures could use an upgrade. Fwy colour is too bright, although the Tee Box colour looks good.
The rough could use an upgrade also.

Greens seem quite flat for the most part, I seem to remember they had more slope to them but it's been ages since I've played so I could be wrong on that.

Thanks again, will play some more rounds and report anything else I find.
These are the Good Ole Days, just wait and see.