Torrey Pines North ??

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Weeler

Torrey Pines North ??

Post by Weeler »

I'm really not sure if the 3 APCD designers who put together the latest edition of Torrey Pines South are members of this Forum for sure ( I looked through the list but the usernames aren't the best indicator ).

But, to Chuck Clark, Joe Otto, and Matt Mcintosh.....would you guys consider maybe teaming up again to create the Torrey Pines North course as it currently exists to be a "companion" to the South Course that you've done such a great job upgrading for LINKS ?

Of course the North Course isn't quite as challenging or spectacular as some of the holes on the South, but each year the Farmer's Insurance Open includes the North as the large field of golfers get started.

I, personally, think it would be a very welcome addition to the LINKS course library. There are currently other courses that include 2 or 3 layouts in the same golf complex. Oakland Hills, Pinehurst, Kapalua ( which really could use an update for the Bay and Village courses ) to name a few. Playing the current Torrey South that you guys have created is an absolute pleasure, and I'm sure you'd produce a comparable North layout. Please, give it some thought.

As a side note to this post.....Scott Lewin, please check your PM's , if you read this. Thanks.

Ron "Weeler" Weel
Last edited by Weeler on January 27th, 2020, 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
milwsteve

Re: Torrey Pines North ??

Post by milwsteve »

I too would love to see this course done for Links 2003
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Milwsteve: Check you Personal Messages. Thanks !!

R. Weel
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

I don't see any pm's I checked
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Sorry, Steve, I noticed too, that it didn't go through. I'll try again another time. Just check every now and then. ( I can't resend it because it's
lost now ).

Ron
Weeler

Post by Weeler »

Hi Steve: I tried sending a PM again yesterday, and for some reason, it didn't go through again. I'm not sure what the problem is, but no need to
check them anymore, I won't try again. It was nothing "major" anyhow. Thanks for replying to my Torrey Pines North post, and have fun golfing on
LINKS.

..........Ron
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

just checking in to see if anyone is doing Torrey Pines North would love to play this course in Links2003.
Paul44

Post by Paul44 »

Yes please.
The toughest shot in golf is your next one.
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

Just wondering is anyone doing this course I know it's not as famous as the south course but it's a great course and part of the Farmer's Insurance Group Open each year and would be a wonderful addition to Links 2003.
milwsteve

Post by milwsteve »

Just wondering if anyone is going to do this course Torrey Pines North would work out perfectly for the Farmers Insurance Group Open.I would love to play this course in Links 2003.