2001 Courses

Announce and discuss forthcoming and recent course releases or request beta help from members.
Stu501

Re: 2001 Courses

Post by Stu501 »

Ok,

I now know why i stopped using APCD....... I am trying to bring one of my old 2001 courses
into the 21st century with high def textures and seam blends and a good mesh clean up. :clapping:
I think it is easier to just start from scratch :oops:

Stu
I would like to thank my parents.....especially my mum and dad
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

A followup: I received a clean APCD with nothing but stock 2001 and 2003 objects, kept my own APCD and the stock APCD separate, planted 3D objects on a course Im working on in the stock APCD, and everything seems to work fine. Re-opening that course in my own APCD, the 2001 3D objects that arent in my library get completely wiped without trace. If saving the course again they are gone even if yet again re-opening that new save of the course in the stock APCD. I will simply need to add any 2001 3D objects at the end, and replant them if I go back and make other edits in my own APCD after that. If anyone else unable to Library Merge should ever read this and want the stock APCD they can pm me.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: December 21st, 2019, 9:31 am I will simply need to add any 2001 3D objects at the end, and replant them if I go back and make other edits in my own APCD after that.
Not so! Just start using that new fresh copy of APCD to continue building your course. That way the 3D objects that you planted will have the proper object library that matches the course. Can you think of any reason why you shouldn't? :whistle:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added
Adelade

Post by Adelade »

True, I could do that too, and it might be the better way in the really long run, but it would mean having to re-import all the 2d objects I use, and redo individual in-APCD settings for each of them. Those things felt like it took a considerable time the first time around. I feel like its less trouble just re-planting 3d Objects when needed.
Finished Courses - Main: Amedal (fictional), Nine Bridges (real)
Other: Austin, Sheshan, Kauri Cliffs, Le Golf Nat. Updates: Whirlpool, Royal Lytham, Royal St George's, Chicago, Chambers Bay, Munchen Nord E
Working on: 2 fictional courses + a couple things...
Danny D

Post by Danny D »

Adelade wrote: December 21st, 2019, 10:08 pm True, I could do that too, and it might be the better way in the really long run, but it would mean having to re-import all the 2d objects I use, and redo individual in-APCD settings for each of them. Those things felt like it took a considerable time the first time around. I feel like its less trouble just re-planting 3d Objects when needed.
My method in course creation is to complete the entire construction and save the planting as the very last task. It's at that point that I move my constructed course over to a fresh copy of the APCD with the 2001 OL in it. Once I plant a 3D object, my course never gets opened in any other APCD.

Friendly reminder. Don't open any other courses in the APCD with the 2001 OL in it. If you want to use it to open and play around with other courses, set up another copy and use it. If something happens to trash it for what ever reason, just delete it and set up another copy. :cheers1:

Dan
Completed Courses
Real Courses: The National Golf Club of Kansas City - Wakonda Club - Coeur d'Alene Resort Course
Fictitious Courses: Northern Lakes - Golfcom Tees
Southern Oaks - Hometown 9 hole real course with a fictitious back 9 added